CT Technologist - PRN (As Needed)
Location : Medical City Plano
Medical City Plano is a full-service, 493-bed acute care hospital with more than 1,600 employees and over 1,000 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and subspecialties. The medical staff at Medical City Plano is a diverse group of experienced professionals. They are dedicated and committed to using new technologies and keeping up-to-date on recent advancements in health care. Every member of our staff - including nurses, radiologists, therapists, pharmacists, support staff, management and administration - is focused on the health and comfort of every patient who comes through our doors.
CT Technologist Job Summary :
Performs and assists with high quality diagnostic CT procedures, focusing on patient care and education. Supports and helps achieve departmental goals. CT Tech effectively participates and promotes Excellence Always to include service recovery.
CT Technologist Job Responsibilities :
- Provide high quality diagnostic CT imaging
- CT Tech maintains appropriate records
- Educates patients and family
- Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
- CT Tech delivers customer focused care utilizing the Excellence Always Standards to include transport of Patients as necessary to facilitate optimal patient care/flow.
CT Technologist Job Requirements Include :
- CT Tech Education: Professional School
- CT Tech Certifications: ARRT, MRT or TMB, and BCLS Required. CT advance certification within 6 months or hire/training.
- CT Tech Experience: Previous CT tech experience or recent completion of CT clinical program preferred.
Mental and Emotional Requirements : The incumbent must manage stress appropriately, make decisions under pressure, manage anger/fear/hostility/violence, handle multiple priorities and be able to work alone.
Environmental Conditions : The incumbent may be exposed to toxics/caustics/chemicals/detergents x-ray/electromagnetic energy, mechanical parts, electrical shock, communicable diseases and blood borne pathogens. The incumbent will spend approximately 75% of their time indoors.
Physical Demands : Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs. This position also requires that the incumbent, on some occasions, must be able to lift and/or carry items up to 25 pounds, push or pull items having a maximum weight of 50 pounds and be able to stoop, bend or kneel as necessary. During normal execution of the responsibilities of this job, the incumbent will sit approximately 40% of the time, stand 30% of the time and walk 30% of the time. This position will also require repetitive arm/hand movements and the incumbent must have visual acuity for near objects.