Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital.
Coliseum Health System is a two-hospital system located in Macon. You know us better as Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital. Over the last 40 years, it has been our privilege to care for many of you, your family and friends.
We have two full-service medical-surgical hospitals. Our staff and physicians are trained in the most advanced health care available in this area from cardiology to birthing services to emergency care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, and psychiatric care. All medical specialties are represented on our medical staffs from family practice to orthopedics to pediatrics to neurosurgery.
Under the direction of the Radiologist, performs Radiology Services procedures at a technical level requiring no constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures required. Recognizes the purpose employment is to prioritize the patient as number one, and to put forth the utmost quality as a Technologist. Performs examinations on patients of various ages from neonate to geriatric.
1. Selects and operates equipment, selecting proper technical factors on an individual patient basis, selects and loads proper film cassettes, using film markers correctly and consistently, develops film as required.
2. Transfers and properly position patients for examinations in order to obtain desired radiographic results according to physician specifications. Provides immobilization as required and protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
3. Assist physicians in performance of examinations by mixing and pouring contrast media, administering contrast media, holding and turning patients, assisting in sterile procedures, and other related duties as required.
4. Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include; pulling jackets, inputting/editing exams, and completion of requisition prior to setting films to be read.
5. Receives verbal orders for examinations from a responsible practitioner in keeping with the state license.
6. Demonstrates Customer Service principles and behaviors appropriately.
7. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
9. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
10. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
11. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
12. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
13. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Associate Degree or equivalent in Radiological Technology required
• ARRT (R) (CT) registry required
• BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, radiographic techniques, and radiation protection concepts and techniques - Required
• Knowledge of radiographic physics, knowledge of medical terminology- Required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom