Research Medical Center - Kansas City, MO CT Technologist - PRN
Founded more than 125 years ago by German physicians, Research Medical Center
is a 490-bed facility and has become one of the crown jewels in the HCA Midwest Health System. Located in the heart of Kansas City, Research Medical Center is among the only tertiary care centers serving Kansas City proper. Over the past century, this institution has built a tradition of serving residents in Kansas City and a 150-mile surrounding region with exceptional patient care and leading technology. Research Medical Center has completed more than $120 million in capital improvements, including new lobby and admitting areas, renovated and expanded Cancer Center and Women's Care Unit, construction of all private patient rooms and doubling the Emergency Department. Research Medical Center
is currently looking for a CT Technologist
- Under limited supervision, but under the direction of the radiologist, the CT Technologist completes computed tomography procedures including routine,contrast CT's as well as interventional CT including biopsies.
- CT Technologists participate in Performance Improvement and Quality Improvement activities.
- CT Technologists work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedure manual and complies with all safety and infection control guidelines. CT Technologists work in accordance with JCAHO, State or other regulatory or accreditation agencies in the performance of their duties.
- Graduate from an accredited program in Radiologic Technology. Two-year program or four year BA program in Radiology Technology.
- American Registry of Radiology Technology (ARRT). Effective April 15, 2011 Advanced Certification in CT required ARRT. (CT) Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Minimum of one-year CT experience in a hospital department to include biopsies.
- Able to accurately complete CT requisitions for the examinations performed. Experience with Radiology filing systems to obtain previous examination reports.
- Able to correctly and safely operate CT equipment following orientation period to the department. Routine use of office equipment (phone, fax,pagers).
- Able to communicate effectively with all patients, physicians, nurses and other medical personnel. Able to handle periods of intensity with calm. Able to work in stressful situations while maintaining composure and perform required Radiologic duties regardless of the patient's condition.