Memorial Hospital (an HCA facility) is located less than 20 miles from the beaches of Jacksonville. We are the premiere medical facility in the Jacksonville area featuring a Certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Stroke Center as well as a dedicated Heart Center. Memorial Hospital is also a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital.
Performs CT exams in compliance with regulatory agencies and hospital policies and procedures.
1. Sound knowledge and proficiency in the use of CAT SCAN equipment.
2. Perform CT exams as per protocol on a variety of different body parts in a timely manner.
3. Complete appropriate history forms.
4. Complete technologist exam sheet.
5. Stock rooms with supplies.
6. Confirms that consent forms are completed by physician when necessary.
7. Check labs when necessary.
8. Perform data entry in Meditech using accurate times.
9. Mark verified/ dictated in PACS.
10. Scan documents into PACS, attached to correct exam.
11. Send exams from PACS or AW to the Amicus Telerad system when necessary.
12. Enter exam notes on PACS.
13. Verify orders in chart. Follow physician written orders.
14. Initial chart when exam is complete.
15. Interact with Radiologists. Communicate effectively with customers (physicians, patients, co-workers, etc.)
16. Start I.V.s when necessary.
17. Administer contrast media with power injector.
18. Move patients on and off table when necessary.
19. Organize patient exams for best work flow.
20. Assist in the orientation/training of new employees and clinical students.
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Radiography program
Current state of Florida Radiology Technologist license, RT and CT certification from the ARRT (or equivalent), and current CPR.
Minimum of two (2) years experience as radiology and CT technologist
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom