Lake City Medical Center
Lake City Medical Center has been providing quality healthcare to Lake City and the surrounding communities for almost 60 years. We are a 67-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including 24-hour emergency care , heart care , orthopedics , cancer care , imaging and rehabilitation services. LCMC is the area's ONLY Accredited Chest Pain Hospital and the only facility to offer interventional cardiology. We are accredited by The Joint Commission and have been named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for four consecutive years.
340 NW Commerce Dr.
Lake City, FL 32055 POSITION SUMMARY:
Under general supervision, operates CT equipment, positions patients to produce diagnostic images in a safe manner and performs related duties. Under the direction of the Radiologist, performs Radiology Services procedures at a technical level requiring no constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures required. Recognizes the purpose employment is to prioritize the patient as number one, and to put forth the utmost quality as a Technologist. Performs examinations on patients of various ages from neonate to geriatric.Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- High School Graduate required
- Associate Degree or equivalent in Radiological Technology required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- ARRT (R)(CT) registry required
- State of Florida license required
- BLS certification required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of axial anatomy and previous x-ray or CT experience preferred.
Knowledge of department, hospital, and universal infection control policies
- Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients
- Ability to examine radiographs for the purpose of evaluation techniques, positions, and other related qualities
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment with patients during radiographic/CT procedures
- Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce desired radiographic
- Skill in safe and efficient operation of CT and x-ray equipment
- Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date
- Ability to communicate with staff, physicians, and patients, and family, at all levels.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom