More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. POSITION SUMMARY:
This is a Sales and Marketing position responsible for increasing Sales and Profit Growth in assigned product category or categories. Account responsibility could be specific customers, districts or regions within an Operating Company. Increased Sales and Profit Growth will be accomplished through analysis of sales, history, training Marketing Associates, suggesting programs, direct sales contact with customers, working with Merchandising and Sales Departments, Brokers, Vendors, professional associations, Culinary Specialist and participating in sales and marketing activities. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and presents products to meet the needs of the customer and takes a direct role in Sales and Piece growth on reviewed customers.
- Provides feedback on product quality, product integrity, product mix, customer satisfaction, perceived value and competition.
- Works with assigned target districts and Marketing Associates, set goals with input from the VP of Sales, VP of Merchandising and the President
- Is actively involved in all Sysco special events such as foods shows and sales meetings, external associations or industry events.
- Lead district and MA product training sessions
- Actively works with DSM's top prospects to convert sales to Sysco.
- Reguarly conducts sales meeting sessions.
- Participates in the planning and execution of food shows
- Must create customer visit impact reports, sample request, recipes and instructions for various publications
- Facilitates Corporate Sampling guidelines
- Records all sales support calls in 360
- Responsible for working jointly with MA's to get business as product is presented
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers, chefs and sales team members
- Supports Sysco marketing activities
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and product by working with brokers and merchandising on new products, product testing and product cuttings
- Assist in employee training through working with our sales departments in developing training curriculums, facilitating training sessions and completing demonstrations
- Advises sales force on product specifications
- Assists in sourcing and procuring products for which he or she is responsible
- Drive beverage sales and manage equipment program with customers.
- Holds various training programs and marketing events throughout the year
FOR SALES POSITIONS ONLY: All candidates for this position must be able to represent their ability to perform substantially all of the required duties of the position while abiding by any post-employment obligations owed to current or former employers, to the extent such obligations are reasonable and enforceable.
Education and / or Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years previous food service or sales or broker experience in the Specialty area required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must maintain a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards
- Must maintain current automobile insurance with the following limits Bodily injury $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage of $100,000
- Must be willing to sign a Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement
- Foreign language skills a plus; bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Previous experience as a chef, Chef de Cuisine or Sous-Chef strongly preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures and regulations when necessary
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are necessary
- Can demonstrate practical sales skills
- Well versed in all local cuisine types
- Working knowledge in MS Office products including excel spreadsheets, graphs. PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Ability to present in front of large groups
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions in meetings
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner
- Ability to prioritize, organize, multi task and shift priorities as necessary
- Ability to express information in terms of profit and loss, food cost and expense ratio
- Proactive and self directed, yet able to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner an capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations
- Reports to work promptly and regularly; works well with others; demonstrates the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- To be successful in the position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate all the Individual Framework competencies for this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to utilize culinary equipment and operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- This position will require travel through verious means of transportation which may result in long periods of sitting.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities, operating companies and customers. If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business friendly environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position may require evening or weekend hours depending on company needs for events
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.