Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description Position Objective
The Culinary Development Chef is responsible for the accelerated development of ARAMARK's significant culinary initiatives. These initiatives help generate revenue, create demand and contribute to business unit (BU) growth and operational excellence. This position will have close interaction with operations, marketing, procurement, key BU representatives, as well as our preferred vendor and manufacturer partners. We dream - We do Specific Responsibilities
- Overall Culinary Development Responsibility of assigned projects
- Assume responsibility for managing the culinary aspects of project development.
- Development of insight driven trend and flavor profiles relevant to the demographic and business units of the project that you are working on. Enterprise focus is on Quality - Health - Convenience -- Personalization
- Development of recipes from an ingredient, flavor, cost and nutritional perspective, and our 20 by 20 commitment in partnership with the American Heart Association.
- Ensure that all recipes are accurate from a flavor, yield and nutritional point of view, keeping our AHA commitment top of mind at all times. 20 by 20 - 20% more fruits, vegetables and grains - 20% less fat, saturated fat and sodium
- Capturing each recipe within the database with complete accuracy and clear, consistent procedures.
- Work closely with the culinary systems & standards team, as well as the business analyst to ensure that all recipes are consistent, accurate and as complete.
- Each project to be managed through a culinary scope document that details the complete deliverables of the project including a detailed timeline.
- Ensuring close coordination and collaboration with the culinary, menu marketing and operations team during all stages of development.
- Effective project management- project to remain on budget and on time. It is essential to have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Leveraging strategic, third-party relationships, i.e. manufacturers, consultants, visitors, trade councils, commissions and boards; working with identified field resources as a part of the development process.
- Creating specific training tools as identified per project to include but not limited to: Build diagram, operational flow diagrams and key ingredient List
- Close collaboration with culinary operations to ensure that we are developing with specified products, to include a full understanding of the commodity side of the ingredients as well as working with distribution on the broad availability of specified products to the field locations.
- Interfaces with the AIC development chefs on enterprise culinary and cross-over projects. I.E. Culinary workshops, vendor presentations, training sessions and off-site visits
- Conduct training sessions (Train the Trainer) for each of the concepts created.
This position will report directly to the Director of Culinary Development, and will collaborate extensively with the menu marketing, health & wellness and procurement teams, along with a broad range of other ARAMARK business and support personnel. Qualifications
- Culinary degree required with advanced work in Culinary Arts. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years progressive culinary experience, post degree completion.
- Experience with new concept, menu and recipe development, food presentation and creative skills that result in the achievement of business objectives. National chain restaurant R&D experiences a plus.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Food Production Management systems, recipe database, PWM and presentation software.
- Requires culinary vision and a passion for food - knows food and industry trends, current and future.
- Requires excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Requires strong attention to detail and ability to envision the implementation tools needed to successfully utilize a concept or brand at the unit level.
- Has the perseverance and the ability to drive complicated projects to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively cope with change.
- Thrives on functioning independently with a minimum of supervision, within a solid team environment and has a collaborative spirit.
- Draws on diverse resources to make high quality decisions.
- Has the ability to motivate and influence others who have no direct reporting relationship.
- Business Acumen - requires an in-depth knowledge and awareness of industry segments, and external marketplace, and the ability to pull together patterns that are not be clearly related.
- Organizational Collaboration - Ability to partner across organizational lines and work cooperatively within and outside one's own team in order to best serve business needs and exceed the expectations of end customers and clients.
- the orientation towards a process-focused, decisive course of action that will ensure that client/customer needs are met with a high standard of excellence, urgency and predictability. Outstanding leaders remain focused on the task at hand in the face of ambiguity, and apply their past experiences and expertise to consistently pull through results.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.