Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Principle Responsibilities
Cooks at the Tampa Convention Center are responsible for culinary job functions of a particular section of the main kitchen or other concession stand kitchen/kiosks as assigned. Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all menu item plates. Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- Sets up and breaks down work stations
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
- Cooks and prepares food according to production guidelines and recipes
- Knowledge of food product, identification, and acceptable level of food quality
- Ensures food is stored at the appropriate temperature for the appropriate length of time and follows all food safety standards
- Completes daily temperature logs
- Must know methods of food preparation, cooking times, and portion sizes to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner
- Evaluates food quality and preparedness by tasting
- Cuts, trims, bones, and carves meats and poultry for cooking
- Responsible for using correct portions when cutting, preparing, and serving items
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Assists in other areas as needed
- Adheres to weekly/monthly cleaning schedules as posted by management
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and provide excellent guest service experiences.
- Minimum 1½ years experience in the food service industry as a cook
- Strong knife skills
- The ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- The ability to read and follow recipes
- Maintain food safety and safety requirements at all times.
- Ability to work early mornings, days, nights and/or weekends required
- Serve Safe Certified
- High School Education or equivalent
- More than 3 years experience in the food service industry as a cook
Back-of-house with occasional guest interactions in concession stands and action stations. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot/cold food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.