Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations.
- Adhere to safety policies and accident reporting procedures.
- Requisition orders as needed for approval.
- Ensure proper portion and any special dietary requirements are fulfilled.
- Adhere to security policies and procedures.
- Ensure storage areas are locked at all times.
- Oversee cleaning of kitchen. In addition, oversees washing of kitchen utensils and equipment according to sanitary methods.
- Properly receive and store food and food related items.
- Requisition supplies and equipment to maintain stock levels.
- Monitor stock levels and report any discrepancies to Direct Supervisor.
- Follow Aramark's Standard of Operation for food handling and storage.
- Complete all required training.
Perform other job duties as assigned
- High school education or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum one-year prep work or food service related work.
- Knowledge of food prep, proper knife handling, temperature control, and sanitation is helpful.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Must be able to understand and execute Aramark recipes, menus, and production sheets.
- Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.