Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing serives to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a Business Analyst. Cummins USA is where you can work on leading industry projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Responsible to conduct analysis, prepare reports, and summarize and interpret information for leadership review.
- Serve as a liaison between business and technical support teams to translate business requirements into workable solutions.
- Assists in the collection, consolidation and interpretation of data required to support Service processes and tools.
- Gathers, analyzes, and documents current business practices and needs to identify efficiencies, alternatives, and gaps.
- Responsible to monitor critical data, synthesize trends and communicate improvement opportunities to leadership.
- Prepares reports, evaluations, and other research to support business needs
- Serves as a contact with external providers and internal stakeholders.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Develops timelines and metrics to meet key deliverables
- Assists in the preparation of the testing strategy and testing execution plan.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- 5 plus years desired, 3-5 years required
- Experience with Oracle or Siebel products desired
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring - Has a basic knowledge of business analysis activities
- Requirement Analysis - Has a basic knowledge of prioritizing requirements.
- Solution Assessment & Validation - Has a basic knowledge of assessing a proposed solution and allocating requirements.
- Analytical Reasoning - Applies basic research methodologies and statistical analysis to solve problems. Synthesizes and analyzes low to moderately complex data, information and evidence in order to draw meaningful conclusions.
- Communication - Is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means.
- Lean Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Partners with business to define, determine, analyze, document and communicate the objectives, business requirements and priorities for business systems and solutions; works with IT partners on the solution design, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement of the business systems.
College, university, or equivalent degree required. Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.