Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 35 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Technically instructs and trains internal quality inspection personnel in support of Panasonic Avionics products and processes. Teaches in a classroom, video, or web based delivery medium and evaluates training effectiveness. Supports the instructional design process by working closely with subject matter experts, researching, and developing content for use in training materials, manuals, presentations, storyboards, test items, and exams. Trains and evaluates new and/or junior level instructors to ensure company standards are being met. Reports on work effort progress, issues, and risks to Project Manager. Participates in workgroup efforts to improve curriculum and training processes by providing continual feedback and recommendations on existing curriculum.
Curriculum Development and Life-cycle Maintenance
- Research technical documentation for the purpose of developing training materials for manuals, presentations, and storyboards.
- Write instructional materials for multiple formats including instructor-led, video, and self-paced training.
- Assist curriculum developers in revising existing curriculum and/ or developing new curriculum according to department standards.
- Develop test items and exams to support learning objectives and standards. Platform Instructor
- Deliver technical training in a classroom, video, or web based delivery medium.
- Conduct student laboratory periods, practical demonstrations, and exercises.
- Administer exams and maintain student records.
- Administer class evaluations in order to obtain metrics of training effectiveness.
- Initiate curriculum and/or documentation change requests to ensure material is accurate. Process Improvement
- Assess and provide ongoing feedback and recommendations on existing curriculum.
- Participate in work groups for process definition and improvement.
- Accurately estimate project work effort and report progress, issues, and risks to Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Participate in instructor and class evaluations to improve teaching effectiveness.
- Train new and/or junior level instructors to guarantee subject matter knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present and teach technical information in a professional and engaging manner.
- Ability to effectively transfer knowledge to people with diverse cultural backgrounds, educational experiences, and learning styles.
- Comfortable interacting directly with customers.
- Proficient-level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio.
- Uses professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Education/Experience Requirements:
- 3 years experience in training or educational experience.
- College degree preferred. Other Requirements:
- Ability to travel domestic and international up to 30% of time. Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1600967
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.