Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Aramark Education provides a complete range of food, facility, uniform and other support services to more than 500 K-12 school districts in the U.S. It offers public and private education institutions a family of dining and facility services including: on-site and off-site breakfast and lunch meal programs, after-school snacks, catering, nutrition education, retail design and operations, maintenance, custodial, grounds, energy management, construction management, and building commissioning. For more information on Aramark's K-12 programs, please visit www.aramarkschools.com .
The Assistant Custodial Manager will be responsible to supervise, train and direct the custodial operations on the 2 nd shift for the School District.
- Works with the Facility Managers/Head Custodians and other Assistant Managers to guarantee the cleanliness of assigned buildings for the 2 nd shift
- Maintain, review and update work schedules as needed or annually
- Make recommendations to the Custodial Manager/High School Facility Manager regarding staffing schedules
- Assists with the hiring process
- Performs initial orientation/training, assessment of development and follow up training
- Implement the annual training schedule addressing safety and technical skills enhancement
- Maintain training records for all employees under the direction of the Custodial Manager.
- Monitor employee work performance annually through a performance review for assigned employees.
- Provides training, coaching and corrective action plan as needed for performance issues.
- Assists in maintaining attendance records and verifies timesheets prior to submission
- Work with other Assistant Managers to provide supervisory coverage for areas of responsibility as needed
- Works to provide custodial services within the budgetary parameters of the department
- Demonstrates flexibility to adapt to diverse situations and utilizes critical thinking to provide solutions in resolving potential problems
- Demonstrates a professional image consistent with the values of the school district and Aramark Facility Services
- Participates in weekly meeting with the Custodial Manager.
- Acts as a resource person for cleaning floors, walls, furniture and other building furnishings
- Acts as a resource person for the operation and maintenance of cleaning equipment
- Monitors set-ups for events in the facilities
- Monitors the policing and maintenance of grounds. i.e. snow removal
- Monitors the closing of the buildings and deactivation of the alarms as needed
- Perform buildings inspections to monitor performance and quality
- Provides the Custodial Manager with completed building inspections
- Maintains and improve his/her skills through training and seeking opportunities for development
Qualifications: Minimum Requirements
- Two to three years previous experience
- Ability to bend, lift and move objects in excess of 60#
- Ability to work on a ladder or high places
- Ability to work with hazardous materials
- Must pass background and drug screenings
- Must have ability to communicate with a diverse work group
- Must be reliable and have an excellent attendance record
- Must have the ability to multi task
- Basic computer skills
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.