Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity. Position Description:
Responsible for the management of all cleaning and custodial operations. May include other services such as minor maintenance, grounds, or transportation services. Scope of Role
Accounts vary in size but generally range from between 1 to 3 units in multiple locations ranging in 300k to 1M GSF. Total managed volume is $500k -$2.5M. Generally manages 10 to 50 employees. Key Responsibilities
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Create and develop relationships with client and campus community.
- Oversee custodial cleaning activities and provide overall direction for Custodial Supervisors and Front Line Employees.
- Review cleaning requests to determine material and labor to complete the project in conjunction with the Facility Director.
- Coordinate the activities of employees in custodial operations to utilize staff, materials, and equipment in an effective andefficient manner.
- Tour and inspect the facility to ensure total quality management requirements in custodial and housekeeping operations. Record those results and report them as a part of Key Performance Indicators.
- Maintain department budget, reporting weekly and monthly financial information in conjunction with the Facility Director, if applicable.
- Responsible for custodial work schedules and the accuracy of the space information in the computerized management systems.
- Responsible for sourcing, selection, and on-boarding of all new hires.
- Responsible for documentation and report writing for the Monthly Joint Review and for the Annual Performance Reviews.
- Communicate with all levels in the organization as well as external vendors and contractors.
- Implement human resources polices and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA regulations and other local, state, and federal government regulations.
- Responds to the requests of the client, DM, RVP, and Corporate Staff.
- Responsible for special event coordination and set up.
- Stay current with cleaning technology including blue cleaning and attend Tech Week at least every three years.
- Conduct one-on-one refresher training semi-annually with each member of the custodial staff.
- Participate in a school committee or group outside of custodial responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Union Collective Bargaining Agreement, as applicable.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors Degree in the appropriate field with 2-3 years experience in the appropriate facility services environment required.
- Technical knowledge of custodial equipment, cleaning procedures, and project activities also required.
- Experience overseeing skilled, semi-skilled and non-skilled personnel in a union and/or non-union environment is required. Strong financial analysis are necessary. P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively use a computerize maintenance management system (CMMS).
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.