Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
We are hiring individuals with flexible scheduling
to work in our Housekeeping and Meeting Rooms Departments. Housekeeping:
Housekeepers are responsible for cleaning and maintaining the facility and restrooms to meet guest and client satisfaction. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities
- Cleans assigned guestrooms including bathrooms and kitchen areas
- Completes project work as assigned
- Restocks all supplies that are needed in rooms
- Reports all maintenance problems for guest satisfaction
- Maintains cart and work area in a neat and organized manner
- Responsible for keys assigned to them
- Responsible for turning in all lost and found articles to the Housekeeping Office to be logged
- Complies with all Aramark and the client's policies and procedures
- Follows all of Aramark's safety and sanitation policies
- Performs other duties assigned
Meeting Rooms Personnel are
responsible for the physical setting of a variety of event spaces, cleaning the rental facilities and restrooms during events, as well as maintaining the cleanliness of the spaces themselves. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities
- Participates in erecting structures such risers, tables and chairs
- Stores meeting room equipment after the event's completion
- Provides water service
- Cleans restrooms and other areas within the facility
- Vacuum and spot cleans carpets and equipment
- Sweep steps, floors and back hallways
- Drape tables with linen
- Collect and fold used linen
- Collect and dump trash in garbage dumpsters daily
- Keeping all areas free of debris
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies
- Notifies manager of equipment needed repairs
- All legitimate meeting room requests within building are met immediately - giving the department a high reputation for service
- Exercises initiative by seeking additional responsibilities and assignments without having to be asked.
- Presents department in a positive manner to visitors, customers and other NPI personnel by displaying top-notch customer service
- Ensures all requests for special projects are completed immediately with no needed follow up
- Promotes, demonstrates, and enforces all facility safety rules and regulations are being followed
- Ensures equipment, storage areas, closets, and stockroom is kept clean, organized and in good running order at all times
- Past cleaning experience preferred
- Must be able to work outside during summer hours in a fast pace/ high stress environment
- Ability to read and interpret instruction related to set up and tear down instructions, cleaning and maintenance
- Ability to make independent decisions based on good business practices and policies
- Effective communication skills
- Work regularly demands heavy physical effort in the handling of tables, chairs, materials, boxes, racks and other equipment.
- Regularly lifts and handles chairs, tables, and/or materials - sometimes weighing in excess of 40 pounds.
- Required to assist in the moving of racks, chairs and/or tables across a campus footprint of 2.6 million square feet (meeting rooms only).
- Work requires consistently and constantly standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs, walk, bend, and lift with ease.
Qualifications: Ability to communicate effectively with clients, senior management, and Aramark support staff.
Ability to respond effectively to changing demands.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.