Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary
: To assist management in maintaining or improving cleanliness quality through inspections, training and employee accountability, including employee counseling or disciplining. Supervisors must build upon established employee or customer relationships, improve employee morale, and help develop subordinates on a continuous basis. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily inspections for quality and safety. Make necessary corrections.
- Understand all employee work assignments and schedule for adequate coverage.
- Conduct training and retraining as necessary. Follow recommended training process.
- Maintain effective business relationship with staff. Build upon and develop employee satisfaction and knowledge.
- Enforce department policies, follow up on daily assignments, and conduct counseling or disciplinary action.
- Maintain loyalty and honesty with employees, peers, customers and managers.
- Monitor special projects and on-call or new employees.
- Tour areas of responsibilities at least 2-4 times daily. Initiate or ensure corrective action is taken.
- Audit building keys, pagers, and payroll on a daily basis.
- Ensure all projects, maintenance, or cleaning challenges are communicated effectively for resolution.
- Control supply inventories and distribute equipment effectively.
- Supervise equipment performance and make necessary corrections.
- Assist in performing employee performance evaluations and make recommendations on employee performance ratings.
- Observe and report the need of furniture or other building fixtures repairs.
- When necessary, complete custodial work assignments.
- In case of emergency, perform all duties as assigned.
- Provide functional/operational support to work area as essential personnel during times of emergency, catastrophe, inclement weather, etc.
- Complete all other assigned tasks by management in which the employee is capable of performing.
• Ideal candidates will possess a high energy level and previous supervisory experience. In addition, highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills are essential to the success in this role
• The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is also a key success measure
• 2 years of Experience managing Housekeeping/ Custodial cleaning services is preferred
• Must be able to work various shifts start / finish times will vary (Start times 4:00a.m. - 7:00a.m.) (Finish times 12:30p.m. - 3:30p.m
• Knowledge of Aramark programs, safe step, space care cleaning, echo cleaning, tools and equipment is a plus
• Must be able to lift and carry up to fifty pounds; engage in frequent walking, standing,
bending, stretching, and stair climbing; and operate power equipment such as high speed buffers and vacuums
• Supervise cleaning of outside entrances and shovel snow removal process as required
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Must be physically able to lift, lower, push and pull objects up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
Ability to stand, climb, bend, stoop and crouch for extended periods of time.
Must be able to initiate and maintain good customer and co-worker relationships in a team environment.
Must have the ability to follow oral or written instructions and directions.
Must be able to communicate effectively with both written and verbal skills.
Bi-lingual preferred (English and Spanish).
Must have the ability to supervise others, demonstrate "quality customer service", and good human relations skills.
Pays special attention to detail.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.