Healthcare Life Sciences
Posted Position Title
Custom and Diagnostics OEM (Whatman) Account Manager
Client, Account and Affiliate Origination and Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
San Francisco, Dallas, Houston, RTP or Miami
The Custom & Diagnostic Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Account Manager will be responsible for working with OEM customers to design-in Whatman filtration paper into their manufacturing process in the diagnostics, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
* Day to day management of Strategic Customer activities, service response and relationships (administrative, tactical and strategic)
* As a first point of contact supporting the customer diagnostic business, this person will support the sale organization with customer retention and coordinating sales support.
* Proactively partner with customer service, operations and strategic consulting to: meet customer needs, manage projects, provide customer education and analysis on products and services, recommend cost savings solutions, and manage processes to optimize the productivity.
* Coordinate, plan and direct customer meetings, reviews and projects. This will require active management of relationship with supply chain, customer service and manufacturing to meet customer demands and timelines.
* Work with the larger GE team to determine account strategy, provide ongoing feedback, identify sensitivities, provide ongoing evaluation of products and services within the context of the customer's needs, and reinforce additional product opportunities.
* Stay abreast of industry trends through attendance at industry events, collaborating with vendor partners and reading trade periodicals
* Actively communicate and manage exceptions to ensure processes/requests align with contractual terms and conditions requiring an intimate understanding of customer expectations, GE standard operating procedures and deal economics.
* Actively support customer needs for pricing, contract support and proof of principle evaluations to look at custom GE fit for customer needs.
* BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering and/or BS/BA with relevant experience in Life Sciences.
* Minimum of 5 years successful commercial or customer support experience performance that exceeded plan: Including but not limited to sales, marketing, technical support, field applications support.
* Sales Training Experience: Commercial Selling Skills Training.
* Computer Literacy: Microsoft Excel and Outlook
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, plus experience of using these skills to participate in cross-functional teams.
* Fluency and effective speaking skills in relevant local language.
* Self-Motivated, a team player and well organized.
* Up to 40% overnight travel is required.
* This is a home office based sales position and as such the candidate must reside within 50 miles of the specified territory in order to support this role.
* To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving records.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* MBA or PhD in science or related field
* Practical chemical or molecular manufacturing and lab experience.
* Sales Experience with diagnostics, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries in Life Sciences product development or design-in of OEM components
* Strong presentation skills.
* Direct employment in biotech or pharmaceutical research, production or process development environment.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.