has a shared opportunity in our Agronomy and Energy Departments for a full-time Custom Applicator (Equipment Operator) / Driver
. Your primary duties from April through fall will be as an Equipment Operator as a custom applicator promoting the proper use of crop protection products. You will cross train to work in the Energy Department to drive a propane truck in the winter heating season. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Operate application equipment and apply crop protection products and fertility products in a safe manner.
- Utilize in-cab technology when applying fertilizer or crop protection products.
- Drive a truck as needed or required in Agronomy; and in Energy, deliver propane to customers in a safe, timely and professional manner, ensuring the truck is operated in a safe manner at all times.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner while providing exceptional customer service and assisting with patrons' education of products being applied to fields, techniques utilized, and how you can continue to support their business.
- Assist the sales staff in ensuring orders are correct and patron needs are met.
- Perform warehouse work to include driving loader and forklift, and general maintenance.
- Lift and load up to 75-lb packages of crop protection products.
- Pick up and deliver product to customers as needed.
- Promote safety in the workplace and act in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Class A CDL with minimum 28,000 gvw. Tanker, hazardous materials and air brake endorsements (or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment).
- Good driving record and the ability to meet all DOT requirements. MVR must meet CHS minimum requirements.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 75 lbs, sit, stand, bend, twist, climb and walk.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- CETP certifications for propane or ability to obtain within a reasonable timeframe.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours to meet business demands
- Applicators License
- Previous application and/or propane delivery experience
- Farming background
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.