Power Systems, Electrical Sector-Americas has an opening for a Custom Assembler for 1st shift located in South Milwaukee, WI.
The selected candidate will be responsible for performing a variety of diversified sub and final assembly operations on our overhead switchgear product line which contain a large number of parts and substantial fitting and aligning of components
- Perform a variety of diversified sub and final assembly operations on our overhead switchgear product line which contain a large number of parts and substantial fitting and aligning of components.
- Set-up workstation to facilitate easier assembly and operate independently or on a group basis.
- Screen defective parts or make adjustments as necessary.
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and pay close attention to detail.
- Interact with other departments as needed for advice and decisions.
- May be assigned to perform circuit testing or HiPot testing.
- Perform soldering or brazing as required.
- Perform work from specifications, and/or communicated instructions.
- Operator is responsible for own work, under minimal supervision and instructions.
- Meet or exceed quality and quantity standards.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Contribute suggestions for methods or product improvement.
- Ability to use and operate tools and equipment consistent with this job.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Adheres to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the work location will be considered.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- 1 -2 years’ experience in complex electrical and mechanical assembly
- Knowledge of soldering.
- Trades training (or equivalent) of soldering and brazing operations, electronic terminology and symbols, and electrical circuits and electronics.
- Read and use drawings, routings, blue prints, specifications, part numbers, and other shop documents affecting this position.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.