Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
This role is responsible for end-to-end customer relationship experience and overall performance for a defined portfolio of accounts. Together with the Customer Delivery Team Leader, the Relationship Manager will design and develop the over-arching account strategy for each customer within a defined region. The Relationship Manager is a pivotal role on the Customer Delivery Team and must possess the leadership skills to mobilize and direct all functional roles to successful execution of the defined strategy. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
#LI-VN1 Qualifications: EDUCATION
- Continually refine, broaden, and strengthen our customer relationships.
- Consistently conduct in depth analysis on market and customer data to create comprehensive business solutions.
- Formulate detailed account strategies to achieve needs-based goals. Lead development, implementation, and monitoring of complex customized business solutions to meet both Fannie Mae and customer goals and objectives to optimize partnership.
- Provide value-added expertise to internal and external parties.
- Resolve all customer requests in a timely fashion. Anticipate customer needs and formulate and align appropriate internal and external response. Monitor and assure compliance with all policies, procedures and delegations as it relates to customer engagement.
- Lead all internal and external negotiations and drive alignment related to key goals and objectives based on customer strategy.
- Facilitate and lead engagements at all levels of management within Fannie Mae and with key lender contacts.
- Define and develop comprehensive business solutions based on analysis of complex internal and market data. Develop and implement effective recommendations to business opportunities or issues.
- Monitor and assure compliance with all policies, procedures and delegations as it relates to customer engagement.
- Lead cross-functional team and drive alignment and execution around account strategy and Fannie Mae goals and objectives.
- Actively participate on complex special project teams. Inform corporate strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Proven relationship management capability.
- Ability to drive productive, mutually beneficial senior management relationships (internally & externally) that result in accretive business regardless of price - enhances those relationships with additional engagement with key functional areas.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence outcomes.
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end mortgage process/business.
- Strategic vision - ability to think strategically and develop tactical milestones within a strategic plan.
- Must be able to effectively engage at all levels within a customer's organization from C-Suite to middle management to line management.
- Solid capital markets experience/knowledge.
- Solid credit risk experience/knowledge.
- Ability to work in an open, transparent environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must.
- Up to 50% customer related travel may be required.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.