Customer Advisor PRN
Job Summary - The Cus t o mer Ad v iso r is re sponsible fo r working with customers to address inquiries and concerns related to patient accounts. (This position would handle patient calls and other responsibilities as assigned).
Supervisor - Customer Service Manager
Supervises - not applicable
Duties (included but not limited to): • Talk with customers by phone or in person to obtain information needed to resolve inquiries.
• Confer with other staff members to obtain additional information and clarification needed to resolve customer concerns
• Reconcile accounts according to insurance contracts and submit/ process correct contractual
• Review accounts for appeal requests and forward appropriately
• Review accounts for duplicate or charge errors, forwarding to audit if necessary
• Correct or add insurance information and request rebill
• Encourage payment from patient through credit card, check or payment arrangement
• Answer all inquiries from customers promptly (generally the same day received)
• Assist patient account inquiries by courteously supplying accurate and timely information, including bills if requested
• Follow all guidelines and policies for SSC employees, both general policies and those specific to customer service activities
• Maintain a courteous and professional attitude with customers and coworkers
• Identify problem accounts and escalate as appropriate
• Analyze, process and index correspondence via CWF (if applicable).
• Maintain compliance with pool completion requirements (if applicable)
• Maintain required productivity and QA standards
• Document in the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account
• Work with patients and guarantors resolve payer requests and discrepancies to promptly resolve pending claims.
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement" and all policies and procedures related to the Collections department.
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES • Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
EDUCATION High school diploma or GED required.
EXPERIENCE Minimum one year related experience required, preferably in healthcare. Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.