PURPOSE OF ROLE
The primary purpose of this role is to provide insightful understanding of consumer decision-making, utilizing advanced customer analytics to inform decisions made by senior leadership. This role will either be the expert in media mix or the expert in customer and market behavior modeling. This position serves as a subject-matter expert at Lowe's in regards to advanced analytics, utilizing tools and capabilities for the most complex mixed media and communication modeling and measurement projects.
• Utilizes a depth of knowledge of how to best leverage disparate data sources, relevant external data and strong domain expertise, especially within the realm of media mix modeling and campaign/tactic measurement
• Owns the relationships with experts externally in the field of customer analytics in order to provide outside expertise and resources when there is a lack of capability within the Lowe's organization
• Provides technical knowledge to customer analytics projects, performing more challenging project analysis and data modeling, ultimately ensuring that the final deliverable is high-quality and provides impactful insights
• Delivers insights back to the business leaders based on modeling in order to maximize return on investment in customer insights research
• Collaborates with senior leadership across functions, specifically Merchandising, Marketing, Store Operations, and ProServices, in order to understand business needs and deliver cohesive, concise analytics and modeling to aid in the determination of ways in which Lowe's can more effectively grow market share
• Trains and recruits Customer Analytics Analysts and Senior Analysts, delegating appropriate work and ensuring that the team's analyses and insights are accurate, impactful, timely and efficient
• Serves as a thought leader, building leading customer analytics and data modeling tools and capabilities in order to drive the business of the Lowe's organization
Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Information Sciences, Applied Quantitative or related field and 6 years of experience in an a pplied advanced analytical role
Master's Degree and 3 years of experience in an applied advanced analytic role
4 years of experience working with analytic software (e.g., Base SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner, Enterprise Guide) and performing advanced data modeling, data mining and exploratory data analysis (e.g., linear/logistic regression, ARIMA, Cluster Analysis)
1 years of experience working with enterprise level database (e.g., Teradata Oracle, Infomix) developing SQL and data management skills
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.