Are you an energetic and dependable employee that takes pride in providing great customer service? Would you like to be part of a dynamic manufacturing business? Kawneer, an Arconic company,
is looking for qualified Customer & Technical Support Coordinator at our Roselle, IL location. Our organization is dedicated to rapid, profitable growth through continuous capital investment, operational excellence and career development. Arconic
is a company that promotes and develops from within with worldwide opportunities. If you are interested in an exciting career opportunity and are dedicated to providing a great experience for our customers, we encourage you to apply. This opening is in our Kawneer business and we are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic's global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Under the direction of the Roselle Service Center manager, the Customer Sales Coordinator (CSC) is essential in creating a positive customer experience by being the liaison between the customer, the manufacturing process and the sales professionals.
The main job functions will include responsibilities related to manufacturing takeoffs, door hardware analysis, processing purchase orders for fabrication, pricing verification, customer service/problem resolution and data maintenance. Essential Job Functions:
The CSC functions include but are not limited to:
- Delivering exceptional customer service through receiving and processing orders accurately and in a timely fashion
- Must have knowledge and utilization of basic measurement tools (i.e. tape measure, ruler, scale)
- Ability to read architectural drawings or the willingness to learn
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of products and pricing
- Addressing and taking initiative in following up on customer inquiries
- Resolve discrepancies found on customer orders and proactively facilitate the communication between departments for resolution
- Collaborate and maintain communications with Sales Representatives on customer-related issues
- Maintain statuses on assigned customer open order reports
- Continually determine job urgency and priorities to satisfy customer requirements, escalating issues to management as required
- Use problem solving ability to contribute, suggest and/or improve work flows, procedures, etc.
- Using computer proficiency to quickly and accurately enter data
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and system documentation
- Working interactively with fabrication supervisors and other internal customers, to provide accurate & efficient instructions for custom fabrication of aluminum extrusions for doors and frames
- Assist with other related duties as assigned or required
- Successfully interact with other service centers and plants
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities as needed or assigned
- Ensure orders maintain internal schedule to keep pace to be on time to the customer
- Work closely with team members to ensure completion of daily tasks
- Actively engage in safety of self and others at the facility, including holding customers and contractors responsible for best in class safety
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this positionPreferred Qualifications
- A drive for excellence in customer service.
- Ability to understand instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Excellent interpersonal skills; effectively communicate in writing as well as verbally when presenting information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software as well as an ability and willingness to learn proprietary software quickly.
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
- Superior time management, detail oriented, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to read/understand Architectural Drawings, Details, and Specifications
- 2 years of Material Takeoff/Estimating experience either in construction or manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree or in pursuit of bachelor's degree is preferred, with a concentration in math, and technology
- Strong experience with aluminum door and frame fabrication including custom hardware applications
- KaluCAD & JD Edwards experience is a plus
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.