The primary purpose of the Customer Business Manager (CBM) position is to develop sustained business relationships and to drive profitable sales volume with Costco, Sam’s Club, and BJs.
The CBM is responsible for developing Club Channel specific go-to-market strategies for Seventh Generation products. The Business Manager will work with internal teams to create successful club packs with the optimal mix of internal profitability and consumer value, and will lead the sales effort of Seventh Generation products to all major Club accounts and in specific to Costco.
The incumbent must have the ability to successfully create and manager projects that require cross-functional contribution. She or he will have very strong analytical and critical-thinking skills in order to develop winning propositions for Seventh Generation. Strong negotiation and communications skills are also required in order to gain support for Seventh Generation inside the organization and more importantly with the Club Customers. This position is focused primarily on business development at Costco. Responsibilities
Skills & Requirements
- Develop packs and go-to-market strategies for the Club Channel and for Costco in particular
- Be the Seventh Generation expert for the Club Channel, having expertise not only of products/brands attributes but also expertise of the related categories including Laundry, Household Chemicals, Diapers, Baby Wipes, and Feminine Hygiene
- Lead cross-functional efforts from item concept all the way through sales execution
- Coordinate Annual and Quarterly Planning for Seventh Generation at Club
- Customize corporate marketing merchandising programs with Club Customers
- Manage Net Salve Volume and, trade investment, and profitability metrics for Seventh Gen. at Club
- Routinely interface with multiple internal and external departments/personnel
- Balance individual customer needs with corporate requirements and market integrity
- Drive strategic internal and external relationships to accelerated growth
- Maximize sales and profit while operating within approved Trade Marketing parameters
- Manage complex business situations and a heavy workload
- Proven Business Manager experience with a key customer is a must, preference for experience calling on Costco
- Undergraduate degree is required, advanced degree is preferred
- Must be skilled in verbal and written communications
- Experience in categories such as Laundry, Household Chemicals, Diapers, Baby Wipes, and Fem. Hygiene is strongly preferred
- Trade Marketing and Category Management experience is preferred
- Must be a strategic thinker that can work effectively, and in a highly collaborative manner
- High level of analytical skill is required including advanced MS Excel, Syndicated Date, Sales/Tread Planning tools, and POS retailer database
- Willingness to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 25% of the time for Customer appointments
- This positon reports to the Costco Sales Team Leader based in Issaquah, WA
This position can be based in any of the following areas: Issaquah, WA, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, or Bentonville, AR
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .