Are you an enthusiastic sales professional who thrives on developing business relationships with strategic customers and driving profitable volume growth? Do you want to work with iconic brands within a collaborative team environment?
Unilever is looking for a Customer Business Manager (CBM) to develop sustained business relationships with the Meijer Buying team, and to drive profitable volume growth across the Refreshments business (Ice Cream and Tea). This role will be based in the Grand Rapids, MI area.
The CBM is responsible for achieving sales volume and market share goals while adhering to a trade budget. The CBM is responsible for co-creating a category Joint Business Plan (JBP) with Meijer to align on targets and the initiatives required to achieve them.
• Manage the relationship with the Meijer Buying team and other stakeholders
• Collaborate closely with internal Unilever Brand and Customer-Channel teams
• Co-Create Joint Business Plans with Meijer based on shopper and category insights.
• Build and execute category growth plans
• Drive trade investment efficiency based on analysis of promo effectiveness and new promotional and consumer targeting capabilities.
• Collaborate closely with Shopper Marketing team to drive corporate marketing and merchandising programs with Meijer
• Collaborate closely with Category Management team to optimize the Meijer plan-o-grams and execute Unilever initiatives
• Transition the Unilever business at Meijer from brick-and-mortar to Omnichannel relevance.
Skills & Requirements:
• Undergraduate degree is required
• Proven Business Manager experience working with a strategic customer within Consumer Goods
• Trade Marketing and Category Management experience is a plus
• Must be skilled in verbal and written communications
• Must be able to effectively relate with multiple levels of management, both internally and externally
• Must be a strategic thinker that can work effectively, and in a highly collaborative manner
• Must have strong relationship building and management skills
• Strong experience with Excel and Powerpoint is a must
• Working knowledge of POS Reporting Systems (Nielsen, IRI, Customer-Specific), Sales Reporting Systems (Hyperion Essbase, SAP/Oracle reporting) and Sales Planning Systems (AMPS, etc) is preferred
What you'll get:
• Competitive compensation package including base salary & bonus structure.
• Medical & Dental Plans.
• Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children.
• Health Care Flexible Spending.
• Dependent Care.
• 401k Savings Plans.
• Tuition Reimbursement.
• Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com. For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.