The primary purpose of the Customer Business Manager (CBM) position is to develop sustained business relationships with the HEB and Meijer teams, and to drive profitable volume growth for Seventh Generation Products.
The CBM is responsible for achieving sales volume and market share goals while adhering to a trade budget and leading the sales effort of Seventh Generation products. The CBM is responsible for achieving volume goals while maintaining spending goals based on what brands and customers are trying to achieve according to their joint business plan. They maintain distribution shelving to promote equality with good return rates by managing plan-o-grams with the retail team. It is imperative that they have a working knowledge of the consumer cross functions. She or he will have very strong analytical and critical-thinking skills in order to develop winning propositions for Seventh Generation. Strong negotiation and communications skills are also required in order to gain support for Seventh Generation inside the organization and more importantly with the HEB and Meijer Customers. Responsibilities
Skills & Requirements
- Manage the relationship with the category directors, Meijer and HEB Buying teams and other stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with internal Unilever Brand and Customer-Channel teams
- Co-Create Joint Business Plans with clients based on shopper and category insights.
- Drive trade investment efficiency based on analysis of promotional effectiveness and new promotional and consumer targeting capabilities.
- Collaborate closely with Shopper Marketing team to build, drive, and execute corporate marketing and merchandising programs with customers
- Collaborate closely with Category Management team to optimize the client plan-o-grams and execute Unilever initiatives
- Drive Strategic Relationships and accelerated growth, while operating within approved Trade Marketing parameters, and driving trade investment effectiveness and efficiency
- Work effectively as part of a Customer Team, while maintaining a positive Connection and relationship with other direct teams as well as local Region Management
- Undergraduate degree is required
- Must be skilled in verbal and written communications
- Must be able to effectively relate with multiple levels of management, both internally and externally
- Proven Business Manager experience within CPG industry is preferred
- Trade Marketing and Category Management experience is a plus
- Must be a strategic thinker that can work effectively, and in a highly collaborative manner
- Must have strong relationship building and management skills
- High level of analytical skill is required including advanced MS Excel, Syndicated Date, Sales/Tread Planning tools, and POS retailer database
This position can be based in any of the following areas: Grand Rapids, MI, Chicago, IL or San Antonio, TX
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .