GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Regions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry-from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability. We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.Learn more about GE Oil and Gas Today!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Customer Care Agent
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Customer Care Agent will provide first point of contact for price, quotes, orders and general inquiries. Customer Care Agents are accountable for accurate and expeditious entry of orders received from customers and the issue of accurately priced and technically appropriate "standard product/standard service" quotations.
In this role you are expected to meet appropriate and realistic targets set by leadership such as quote and order cycle time, block/hold management, cash collections and customer satisfaction.
In the role of Customer Care Agent, you will:
* Maintain an expert understanding of all policies and order processing procedures as related to new orders, repair, calibration and services
* Follow appropriate case management processes to record and resolve issues that need to be worked on and cannot be resolved immediately
* Support on-time delivery and proactively manage the order to meet the commitment
* Support A/R balance reduction via ARC process management
* Manage backlog for select products, ensuring proactive communications on delivery issues
* Establish and maintain a highly effective relationship with sales team, supply chain, engineering, Finance, direct customers and channel partners
* Drive continuous improvement cross functionally to improve user satisfaction and support account penetration / growth
* Receive and resolve and/or escalate customer issues and inquiries
* Develop product knowledge of those products which are being quoted or for which orders are being processed
* Participate in scheduled and self-directed training to develop and maintain core competencies
* Ensure compliance and adhere to operational process which ensures compliance with US and other national governmental regulatory requirements
* Provide phone coverage and work in a team environment to quickly address customer calls
* Perform all other duties as assigned by a manager
* Associate's Degree in Business or related discipline from an accredited college or university (or High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution with a minimum of 2 years of sales or customer care experience in oil & gas, power, heavy equipment or automation & controls)
* Minimum 1 year of experience in sales or customer care experience in oil & gas, power, heavy equipment, or automation & controls
* Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience working with government entities and government sub-contractors
* Experience working with sales organizations and customers
* Experience using business ERP systems (SAP)
* Experience with case management (Sales Force Dot Com)
* Computer proficiency (PowerPoint, Excel and other Microsoft Office Programs)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong problem solving and project management skills
* Professionalism to interact with internal and external customers
* Strong customer focus
* Ability to multi-task and succeed in a fast paced environment
* Strong organizational skills
* Meet and/or exceed all customer requirements in addition to departmental metrics
* Promote and works well within a team atmosphere and practices shared values
* Cross functional capability to support other Customer Care locations including phone support, general inquiries, quotes and orders
* Green Belt Certified, or equivalent Quality certification
* Inside sales experience as well as external sales experience
* Self-starter - able to work with minimal supervision
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
GE looks for innovation everywhere.For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Start your career on the right path.Join our results-oriented team at GE Oil &
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.