It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Are you looking for the next opportunity to learn and grow? At Wells Fargo, we offer a supportive environment where team members can cultivate their careers and make a difference within our company and the communities we serve.
This role is part of the Insights and Analytics Team which is being created to be the best-in-class Decision-Support organization that can provide insights to inform our business/customer marketing and product strategy as well as our broader Wells Fargo strategic initiatives, and identify new growth and profitability opportunities.
This team is responsible for making sure that the “voice of the customer” is included in internal discussions across the enterprise.
Reporting to the Customer Centric Analytics Manager, this analyst will be responsible for building and delivering strategic and business analytics insights to key stakeholders in the Marketing and Brand Strategy COE (center of excellence) within the new Enterprise Marketing organization. This hands-on role will execute business analytics projects such as, solving critical business questions on customer engagement, acquisition, retention and profitability, and assisting the I&A reporting team in building out dashboards and scorecards showcasing customer metrics to executive leadership for decision making.
Responsibilities will include:
- Consulting with the Marketing and Brand Strategy COE team to solve various strategic business analytics questions such as Attrition/Retention, Consumer and Competitive Landscape analysis, Diminishment and Customer Experience Analytics, etc.
- Working closely with the CLG/CB and WIM/Wholesale Marketing Analytics teams to support the various LOB product and marketing teams.
- Identifying and assessing new marketing opportunities.
- Documenting requirements and scope for each business analytics project and building a project plan to deliver them independently.
- Building the right set of metrics, analytics methodology and reporting/presentation to communicate insights and actions from the analysis to key EM/LOB leads.
- Formulating and answering strategic questions using rigorous analysis while developing a clear, simple and compelling story to influence management and gain buy-in.
- Applying knowledge of business, customers and products to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective. Proactively surfacing industry, technological and consumer behavior trends. Managing project support to implement.
- Preparing and delivering thoughtful and impactful presentations to business partners that will drive future strategies keeping in mind industry and consumer trends as comparison points.
- Sharing findings with Operating Committee Marketing groups (OC), Center of Excellence Marketing groups (COEs) and internal Insights and Analytics (I&A) functions.
- Assisting in the creation of scorecards and dashboards for supporting various business users within Enterprise Marketing.
- Managing and owning client relationships and partnering effectively to communicate results and outcomes.
- Proactively managing issues and project risks and working with the Leader of Customer Centric Analytics to prioritize and solve them.
- Bringing a consulting and solution and servicing mindset to EM leadership
The successful candidate will work closely with leaders within the Marketing and Brand Strategy Team as well as LOB partners in the business and marketing teams. Important success factors will include:
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix organization and create a strong collaborative work environment to successfully develop partnerships with many business and functional areas.
- A highly effective, consultative analyst with an undisputed executive presence and personal credibility as a result of demonstrated integrity, marketing and business acumen, and effective decision-making and problem- solving skills.
- Strong collaborative partnership style, with an execution- and results-oriented focus.
- Generates credibility, respect and consensus through strategic vision and outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Has the ability to present and discuss information in a way that persuades, educates and enhances understanding at all level.
- Demonstrate success in taking initiative and driving for results.
- Possess strong analytical, conceptual, and quantitative problem solving skills.
- Exhibit strong oral/ written communication and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization as well as the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-technical audiences.
- Possess the ability to translate analytical data into useful business information.
- Think creatively and innovatively connecting the dots, where others cannot, to create actionable and profitable insights.
- Show resourcefulness in the absence of perfect information upon which to base analyses and conclusions.
Flexible across the Wells Fargo footprint with a preference for Charlotte.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Analytical experience in Marketing, Risk or Finance with the ability to pull and synthesize information and data from multiple sources to create a robust analysis including actionable recommendations to a senior audience.
- Demonstrated experience completing complex analysis across multiple lines of business.
- Strong analytics skills using complex statistical techniques.
- Expert in SAS and Teradata SQL languages with demonstrated proficiency using multiple, large-scale databases.
- Strong problem solving skills with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Consultative experience with the ability to understand the presenting problem, solution design, gain buy-in and consensus on approach, gather necessary resources to complete the assignment and communicate results in a timely way to our partners and peer groups.
- Able to communicate complex analytic results clearly and concisely to a wide range of audiences including technical and non-technical people as well as senior management.
- Marketing Analytics consulting experience defining customer segments, working with data to analyze existing segments and defining and recommending new segments.
- Knowledge of multiple WF data environments including BMG, MDSS, C2T, Hemisphere, STS and/or Hogan.
- Proven experience with customer analytics, with “Big Data” analytics preferred. Knowledge of the WF Aster Big Data platform
- Experience utilizing BI tools such as Tableau.
- Experience with R is desirable.
- Experience working with data to create material information and make recommendations to drive large complex business strategies. Experience working closely with Marketing and other senior leaders across the enterprise.
- Proactively identify business opportunities or efficiency improvements based on internal or external trends.
- Experience working in a matrix organizational structure with strategy and technical teams and with that, the ability to articulate multiple perspectives leading to high levels of collaboration.
- Strategic business partner capable of balancing the need for innovation and change with regulatory realities, internal need to manage risk and cultural readiness for change.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and understanding of the emerging trends, compliance, regulatory, and economic environment, and the impact on Wells Fargo.
- Advanced degree with a focus on Economics, Statistics or other related field strongly preferred.
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Winston Salem: 100 N Main St - Winston Salem, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.