It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Marketing leads the development of integrated, customer-centric marketing strategies and programs for the Wells Fargo brand and 90 plus businesses, to drive deeper customer engagement and relationships, and enhanced revenues. The group is responsible for developing and managing the company’s brand strategy and expression, sponsorships, integrated marketing, digital and social capabilities, insights and analytics, and customer segment strategy. Wells Fargo’s marketing function provides marketing and thought leadership propelling Wells Fargo to be one of the most trusted, loved and admired brands.
This role is part of the Insights and Analytics Team which is being created to be the best-in-class Decision-Support organization that can provide insights to inform our business/customer marketing and product strategy as well as our broader Wells Fargo strategic initiatives, and identify new growth and profitability opportunities. This team is responsible for making sure that the “voice of the customer” is included in internal discussions across the enterprise.
Reporting to the Customer Centric Analytics Manager, this analyst will be accountable for building and delivering strategic and business analytics insights to key stakeholders in the Marketing and Brand Strategy COE (center of excellence) within the new Enterprise Marketing organization.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consulting with the Marketing and Strategy teams to provide analytic insights on various strategic questions such as customer attrition/retention, customer diminishment, customer engagement, customer experience analytics, etc.
- Documenting the requirements and scope for analytics projects and building a project plan to deliver them independently.
- Working closely with the Line of Business and Marketing Analytics teams to support the various strategic initiatives.
- Identifying and developing the right set of metrics, analytics methodology, and report/presentation to communicate actionable insights.
- Formulating and answering strategic questions using rigorous analysis while developing a clear, simple, and compelling story to influence management and gain buy-in.
- Applying advanced analytical techniques to solve strategic business problems.
- Utilizing knowledge of the business, customers, and products to synthesize results and 'form a story'.
- Preparing and delivering thoughtful and impactful presentations to business partners that will drive future strategies.
- Assisting in the creation of scorecards and dashboards for supporting various business users within Enterprise Marketing.
- Proactively managing issues and project risks and working with leadership to prioritize and solve them.
- Bringing a consulting, solution, and servicing mindset to EM leadership
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Location is flexible across the Wells Fargo footprint with a preference for Charlotte.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Analytical experience with the ability to pull and synthesize information and data from multiple sources to create a robust analysis including actionable recommendations to a senior audience.
- Demonstrated experience completing complex analysis across multiple lines of business.
- Strong analytics skills using complex statistical techniques.
- Proven experience with customer analytics.
- Ability to communicate complex analytic results clearly and concisely to a wide range of audiences including technical and non-technical people as well as senior management.
- Consultative experience with the ability to identify and understand the problem, design a solution, gain buy-in and consensus on the approach, gather necessary resources to complete the assignment, and communicate results in a timely way to our partners and peer groups.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and understanding of the emerging trends, compliance, regulatory, and economic environment, and the impact on Wells Fargo.
- Strong SAS and/or SQL with demonstrated proficiency using multiple, large-scale databases.
- Experience with R.
- Experience utilizing BI tools such as Tableau.
- Knowledge of multiple WF data environments including BMG, MDSS, C2T, Hemisphere, STS and/or Hogan.
- Knowledge of the WF Aster Big Data platform.
- Experience working in a matrix organizational structure with strategy and technical teams and with that, the ability to articulate multiple perspectives leading to high levels of collaboration.
- An ability to think creatively and innovatively in connecting the dots where others cannot, and create actionable and profitable insights.
- Strategic business partner capable of balancing the need for innovation and change with regulatory realities, internal need to manage risk, and cultural readiness for change.
- Generates credibility, respect and consensus through strategic vision and outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and surface issues in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and quantitative problem solving skills with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- A strong collaborative partnership style, with an execution- and results-oriented focus.
- Demonstrated success in taking initiative and driving for results.
- An ability to present and discuss information in a way that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels.
- Resourcefulness in the absence of perfect information upon which to base analyses and conclusions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as economics, engineering, mathematics or physics. Advanced degree with a focus on Economics, Statistics or other related field strongly preferred.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.