Looking for suitable candidates in Redwood Shores, Bozeman and San Antonio locations
The Customer Data Global Functional Expert is responsible for helping define and drive the strategic direction of the Customer Data processes and ensuring the systems and tools used within Finance support the needs of both Finance and the business
Key Responsibilities -
• Drive automation strategies to support Finance requirements in the Customer Data processes
• Assist the Senior Operations Director with defining, testing and implementing the process and systems required to enable accurate and clean Customer Data
• Ensure solid controls are in place for Customer Data to ensure accurate revenue recognition and invoicing occur and that the quality of data captured supports downstream areas
• Identify where policy changes will move the process standardization, simplification and automation forwards, and work with Business Practices to implement
• Partner with operational, business, IT, and other key stakeholders to successfully implement Oracle technology. Play an active role in the broader GPO/GFE community.
• Roll out new functionality/processes and ensure any required change management activities are successfully completed in the shared service centres
• Help develop process health metrics and KPIs to monitor the process and systems. Map these against industry best practice
• Meet with strategic partners and customers as required to enable change management
• Responsible for defining new processes for Customer Data and re-engineering/streamlining existing processes in liaison with Customer Data Operations teams and other Lines of Business i.e. Order Management, Deal Management, Sales Operations, Accounts Receivable, Tax, WWA&C
• Coach the Customer Data Operations team on new processes and procedures
• Own and maintain Customer Data related documentation i.e. Desk Manuals, Web pages, Country exceptions
• Maintaining and auditing of Customer Data access guidelines, approving/rejecting new requests globally, documenting exception approvals
• Communicate Oracle business practices to the Customer Data organization and monitor process and approvals for full compliance.
• Coordinating User Acceptance Tests, driving automation, initiating, tracking and prioritizing bugs/enhancements for Customer Data
• Responsible for any transition of new process to the Customer Data area
• Initiating various cleansing projects and defining processes for resolution in tandem with impacted business groups
• Provide guidance and best practice rules to resolve nonstandard, complex and critical issues.
• Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to validate actual practice versus business objectives thus helping with internal audit parameters and defining scope for improvement
• Strong program management skills with the ability to coordinate, manage and ensure the success of system and process improvements
• Ability to deal with complexity, and move between the strategic and tactical aspects of this role
• Proven relationship management skills to foster and maintain key relationships across LOB and within your own operation
• Experience of working globally, with the ability to apply that experience in business solutions and issue resolution
• Demonstrates empowerment for co-workers to enable growth and development within appropriate controls..
• Strong results oriented focus
• Solid inter-personal skills, both inside and outside the organization
• Excellent open and collaborative communication skills
• Flexible and positive attitude
• Team Player with the ability to influence others without a direct line of management
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Maintain general accounting systems, policies, and procedures to ensure that proper information is reported in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
As a member of the finance division, you will assist in accounting functions which may include general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and inter-company transactions. Maintain the general ledger to include the preparation of journal entries, analysis, reconciliation and reporting. Maintain and implement general accounting systems. Conduct account reconciliation periodically, ledger close activities, and provide accurate financial data to support management in decision making. Develop and prepare financial reports including profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Review and analyze inter-company transactions. Ensure all journal entries comply with internal and external audit specifications. Participate in the ongoing development and maintenance of internal procedures and processes. May participate in special projects.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills in partnering with other internal groups and management. Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets is essential. Familiarity with Oracle Financials is essential. 8 years accounting experience and BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent. Some positions need you to be bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected
veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the organization*s financial and tactical business objectives. Provides business practices and processes. Develops, communicates, and trains the organization on business practices and processes.
Serve as a liaison with other divisions such as Finance, Contracts, HR, Legal, Shared Services, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, and Risk Management in an effort to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing. Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicator actual versus business objectives. Provide updates to management regarding budget to actual, informing them of deviations and opportunities. Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions and/or deals. Communicate Oracle Business Practices to the organization and monitor process and approvals for full compliance. Drive implementation of new processes and procedures.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. For this, relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills. 8 plus years relevant work experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.