Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting a Customer Development Manager calling on Kroger to be based out of our Cincinnati, OH location Qualifications
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc., provides sales, marketing and logistical services to U.S. retail customers on behalf of the U.S. consumer companies. It represents one point of contact with our customers for selling teams, customer service, distribution, retail merchandising and professional detailing. It develops and markets baby care, oral care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumer and healthcare professionals and incorporates the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby, Listerine, BAND-AID® TYLENOL® Brands as well as leading beauty and skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® and more.
The Manager, Customer Development (CDM) is the key daily interface responsible for the customer relationship. The CDM has direct selling responsibility and is accountable for achieving shipment goals and consumption sales objectives by managing an assigned product group(s) at a customer team.
• Develop and execute customer-specific business plans that support and are aligned to customer and marketing strategies.
• Monitor key metrics to track progress and adjust the plan as needed to deliver results.
• Manage a trade promotional budget for optimal ROI and ensure internal/external alignment, while growing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
• May be assigned up to two direct reports and is accountable for the talent management and development for these team members.
• Develop and execute business plans to deliver sales results, including maximized volume potential, increased merchandising effectiveness, growth of product group(s), and brand share.
• Accurate forecasting of monthly sales by franchise and/or brand and special packs/displays.
• Lead annual business planning process within assigned account(s).
• Leverage business analytics to influence customer and company decision making at top-to-top levels.
• Utilize internal/customer business systems to manage and maximize plans (i.e., LYNX and EDGE)
• Regularly reconcile payments and update promotional plans to remain within budget.
• Create impactful, insights-based presentations in order to translate sales objectives into customer strategy and business plans around distribution, merchandising, promotion, and planogram placement.
• Serves as “voice of customer” to the company in order to address customer needs and accomplish goals and objectives, including launch of new items and optimal 4P execution.
• Influence across the organization to ensure full alignment to the customer/company business plan and drive long-term business objectives.
• Manage trade spend to stay within budget and to maximize ROI.
• Create, establish and/or manage customer-specific scorecards to monitor sales progress and identify and close sales gaps.
• Serve in the role of expert on assigned product group(s) and designs innovative programs that generate a win-win outcome.
• Provide input into the development of junior team members.
• 4-year degree is required
• A minimum of 6 years of experience in a consumer package goods sales environment with at least 3 years of direct customer experience (customer development, shopper marketing, or category management) is required
• Experience handling strategic planning with a customer is preferred
• Having an enterprise view including understanding of supply chain, logistics, marketing, etc.
• Additionally, qualified candidates will have the following skills/abilities: ability to prioritize and to successfully manage multiple projects/initiatives; ability to work in a matrix environment; ability to interpret and communicate complex business data; ability to manage conflict and negotiate successfully; Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships; strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications, sales database, and web applications.Primary Location
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Selling ConsumerRequisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.