Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Customer Development Manager responsible for the Skincare business at Albertsons. This role will be located on the Los Angeles, CA / Neutrogena campus.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc. provides sales, marketing and logistical services to U.S. retail customers on behalf of the U.S. consumer companies. It represents one point of contact with our customers for selling teams, customer service, distribution, retail merchandising and professional detailing. It develops and markets baby care, wound care, over-the-counter medicines, and skin care products that address the needs of consumer and healthcare professionals and incorporates the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brands, Listerine®, Benadryl®, Tylenol®, ZYRTEC®, as well as leading beauty and skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® and more.
The Customer Development Manager (CDM) is the key daily interface responsible for the customer relationship. The CDM has direct selling responsibility and is accountable for achieving shipment goals and consumption sales objectives and will be managing the Skincare Portfolio on the Albertsons customer focused team.
The individual will develop and execute customer-specific business plans that are aligned to customer and marketing strategies. This role monitors key metrics to track progress and adjusts the plan as needed to deliver results. The CDM manages a trade promotional budget for optimal ROI and ensures internal/external alignment, while growing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and executing business plans to deliver sales results, including maximized volume potential, increased merchandising effectiveness, growth of product group(s), and brand share
• Creating impactful, insights-based presentations that translate sales objectives into customer strategy and business plans around distribution, merchandising, promotion, and planogram placement
• Leveraging business analytics to influence the customer and company decision making at top-to-top levels
• Accurately forecasting monthly sales by franchise and/or brand and special packs/displays
• Leading annual business planning processes within assigned account(s)
• Utilizing internal/customer business systems to manage and maximize plans (i.e., LYNX and Edge)
• Serving as the “voice of customer” to the company in order to address customer needs and accomplish goals and objectives, including launch of new items and optimal 4P execution
• Influencing across the organization to ensure full alignment to the customer/company business plan and drive long-term business objectives
• Managing trade spend to stay within budget and to maximize ROI, and regularly reconciling payments and updating promotional plans
• Creating, establishing and/or managing customer-specific scorecards to monitor sales progress and identify and close sales gaps
• Serving in the role of expert on assigned product group(s) that designs innovative programs that generate a win-win outcome
• Providing input into the development of junior team members
• Complying with company policies and procedures at all times
• A four year degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
• At least five years of experience in a consumer package goods environment required
• Strong preference will be given to candidates who have worked on Skincare
• Strong analytical background, and/or category management experience
• Prior sales experience is preferred
• Experience working with IRI/Nielsen preferred
• Additionally, qualified candidates will have the following skills/abilities:
• Ability to prioritize and to successfully manage multiple projects/initiatives
• Ability to work in a matrix environment
• Ability to interpret and communicate complex business data
• Ability to manage conflict and negotiate successfully
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications, sales database, and web applications
United States-California-Los Angeles
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.