Customer Development Manager - Walgreens - Buffalo Grove, IL
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Posted: March 01, 2017
Reference ID: 2743170217-en-us
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Customer Development Manager responsible for Digestive Health and Compromised Skin business at Walgreens. This role will be located at the J&J Walgreens Team Office in Buffalo Grove, IL.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc. provides sales, marketing and logistical services to U.S. retail customers on behalf of the U.S. consumer companies. It represents one point of contact with our customers for selling teams, customer service, distribution, retail merchandising and professional detailing. It develops and markets baby care, wound care, over-the-counter medicines, and skin care products that address the needs of consumer and healthcare professionals and incorporates the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brands, Listerine®, Benadryl®, Tylenol®, ZYRTEC®, as well as leading beauty and skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® and more.
The Customer Development Manager (CDM) is the key daily interface responsible for the customer relationship. The CDM has direct selling responsibility and is accountable for achieving shipment goals and consumption sales objectives and will be managing the Digestive Health and Compromised Skin Portfolio on the Walgreens Customer Focused Team.
The individual will develop and execute customer-specific business plans that are aligned to customer and marketing strategies. This role monitors key metrics to track progress and adjusts the plan as needed to deliver results. The CDM manages a trade promotional budget for optimal ROI and ensures internal/external alignment, while growing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and executing business plans to deliver sales results, including maximized volume potential, increased merchandising effectiveness, growth of product group(s), and brand share
• Creating impactful, insights-based presentations that translate sales objectives into customer strategy and business plans around distribution, merchandising, promotion, and planogram placement
• Leveraging business analytics to influence the customer and company decision making at top-to-top levels
• Accurately forecasting monthly sales by franchise and/or brand and special packs/displays
• Leading annual business planning processes within assigned businesses.
• Utilizing internal/customer business systems to manage and maximize plans (i.e., LYNX and Edge)
• Serving as the “voice of customer” to the company in order to address customer needs and accomplish goals and objectives, including launch of new items and optimal 4P execution
• Influencing across the organization to ensure full alignment to the customer/company business plan and drive long-term business objectives
• Managing trade spend to stay within budget and to maximize ROI, and regularly reconciling payments and updating promotional plans
• Creating, establishing and/or managing customer-specific scorecards to monitor sales progress and identify and close sales gaps
• Serving in the role of expert on assigned product group(s) that designs innovative programs that generate a win-win outcome
• Providing input into the development of junior team members
• Complying with company policies and procedures at all times
• A four year degree is required
• At least five years of experience in a consumer package goods environment in sales, sales analytics, category management, shopper marketing/insights, or related field required.
• Strong analytical background, and/or category management experience preferred
• Prior sales experience is preferred
• Experience working with IRI/Nielsen preferred
• Experience working on a platinum customer or national account preferred
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications, sales database, and web applications
• This role will be located in Buffalo Grove, IL and require up to 10% travel.
United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)