Customer Engagement Optimization Director (Job Number: 022725)
WHS Corporate Office - 1419 Lake Cook Rd
1419 Lake Cook Rd
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Responsible for leading efforts to implement and continuously improve customer engagement solutions. This involves leveraging data assets from the customer engagement centers including (contact center platforms, IVR, social, CRM and other enterprise sources) and sharing actionable insights with cross functional partners; and collaborating to improve customer engagement across all channels and lowering our cost to serve. Job Responsibilities
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee engagement; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Leads cross functional efforts to implement and continuously improve omni-channel customer engagement solutions. This includes oversight of a $25MM enterprise consent and preferences platform which will generate over 1B multi-channel notifications per year; and includes leading cross functional governance processes to align on the customer experience and prioritize changes.
- Ensures a culture of compliance and mitigates risks through partnership with legal teams including regulatory law, litigation, health law and privacy. This encompasses the implementation of processes to ensure outbound programs comply with Federal and State regulations including appropriate registrations, consent, and Do Not Call processes.
- Responsible for the implementation and continuous improvement of outbound agent and IVR solutions. This encompasses collaboration with business stakeholders in marketing, pharmacy operations, adherence on outreach strategy and requirements; and effective partnership with site operations and external partners to implement, measure and optimize solutions.
- Responsible for the implementation and continuous improvement of automated adherence calls and partnership with peers on return call strategies. This encompasses optimization of refill reminders calls which capture over $1B in Rx orders annually; and optimization of 500MM Rx status calls which drive over $156MM incremental Rx sales per year.
- Partners with IT to pilot and implement innovative solutions which increase customer engagement and enable continuous improvement through actionable insights. This encompasses both the implementation of new engagement technologies and services to support analysis of data from our shared services environments.
- Leads a distributed analytics team, including on shore and off shore resources which are responsible for consolidation and maintenance of divisional data assets; standards for data quality and consistency of data; report generation; and prioritization and execution of ad hoc analytics projects.
- Oversees external partnerships responsible for delivery of engagement solutions and analytics capabilities which represent $8MM in annual spend. This encompasses partnering with IT and strategic sourcing to ensure Walgreens realizes the maximum value from these relationships; and establishing processes to monitor performance and drive continuous improvement of services.
- Plans, develops and manages departmental expense and capital budgets; and partners with finance to develop related business cases and obtain approval of spending authorizations.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 10 years of experience in implementing and optimizing multi-channel customer engagement solutions OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 13 years of experience in implementing and optimizing multi-channel customer engagement solutions.
- Experience leading cross functional initiatives and ability to effectively partner with stakeholders to develop program roadmaps and align on goals; and translate vision into action and results.
- Experience leading successful program teams and familiarity with project management fundamentals including charter, communications, scope, planning, schedules, budgets, and risk mitigation.
- Recognized as a change agent that has effectively led initiatives to transform the customer engagement. This includes demonstrated familiarity with techniques for understanding, measuring and continuously improving customer engagement.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to glean actionable insights from data and present resulting insights to cross functional stakeholders and executives.
- Experience implementing and optimizing multi-channel customer engagement solutions including high volume outbound IVR applications and agent solutions that leverage auto-dialing technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Ability to partner and build trusted relationships with IT and business stakeholders at all levels of the organization; and ability to bridge the IT and business divide through a robust understanding of business and technology architecture concepts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of strategic planning, business case development and proven ability to gain support and funding for initiatives through complex governance processes.
- Experience overseeing vendor partnerships, including negotiating contracts, prices, driving continuous improvement and reconciling differences.
- Demonstrated familiarity with decision sciences processes and tools. This includes statistical modeling concepts and analytics software, visualization tools and relational database technology.
- Familiarity with Federal and State regulations that impact outbound programs including TCPA, HIPAA and telemarketing laws.
- Familiarity with contact center operations and related technologies including IVR, automated call distribution (ACD), work force management and call recording.
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies (e.g., Lean Six Sigma)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Access and Project.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.