Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled developed through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. Completes work with a limited degree of supervision. Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience.Key Responsibilities
- Is proficient on primary toolset and demonstrates ability to acquire additional systems and applications. Performs startup activities through Tier II with limited support. Able to complete qualifications with minimal assistance.
- Completes quality repairs. Actively responds to fab issues by communicating with engineers in other locations and participating in escalation conference calls. May initiate or participate in projects to drive down costs or increase uptime. Ability to carry out action plans and report findings. Verifies operational quality of system equipment.
- Follows all checklists and procedures and ensures correct Revs of procedures and schematics are available prior to performing work. May identify procedural issues.
- Can perform most retrofits on equipment. Assists in process issues.
- Applies diagnostic techniques and the use of documentation and test equipment with assistance from senior engineers.
- Assumes responsibility for full customer satisfaction assuring excellent relations within assigned area. Demonstrates strong interest and knowledge of the customer's business. Builds and maintains customer satisfaction through clear, consistent communication and the sharing of collective knowledge. Is consistently able to operate in high pressure or ambiguous situations. Solicits customer feedback. Understands the impact of various actions/decisions on the account. Is aware of potential dissatisfies and escalates as appropriate. Develops and executes corrective action plans.
- Performs BKM's. Actively engages in the use of knowledge management systems. Complies with all IP guidelines.
- Complies with all safety procedures and consistently demonstrates safety as a value.
- Is skilled in a range of processes, procedures, systems and tool sets to carry out assigned tasks or has developed deep skills and knowledge of tools in a single area
- Uses knowledge of how the team integrates with others to accomplish the team objectives
- Builds and maintains customer satisfaction through clear, consistent communication and the sharing of collective knowledge
- Provides informal guidance and support to more junior team members
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on practice and existing precedents or procedures
- Impacts the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the team; uses discretion to modify work practices and processes to achieve results or improve efficiency
- Explains technical information within the team
- Associate's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.