Has the highest level of expertise in an engineering and customer support discipline and has a broad product knowledge base gained through extensive job experience. Often acts as a lead or mentor, providing guidance to others - but not a supervisor. Works autonomously within established precedents and guided by business goals. Key Responsibilities
- Performs startups independently through Tier III including process qualifications for repeat tool installations, if required. Understands all qualifications performed on tool and verifies operational quality (process qualification) of systems equipment including ability to use customer's metrology equipment, if required. Plans for and completes all levels of preventative and corrective maintenance within timelines. Includes warranty, paid service and service contract activities.
- Troubleshoots key technical issues at the component level. Uses process data and installed remote access or data logging functions to diagnose complex system downs. Diagnoses and resolves hardware, software and sustaining process issues. Recommends, develops and executes plans for resolving system problems that do not respond to normal service techniques.
- Performs complex retrofits. May organize and lead retrofit activities. Tracks equipment performance and plans uptime improvements.
- Ensures the correct revs of procedures and schematics. Identifies and corrects procedural issues. Contributes to and may validate global best practices. Participates in patent processes/discussions and documents IP as appropriate.
- Anticipates and responds to fab issues including communicating with CEs in other locations. Drives corrective processes through key stakeholders (PBG, Customer Spec owners, ECO owners, GPS, etc.). Communicates findings to others and provides suggestions to improve checklists and procedures. Participates in customer meetings and escalations.
- Assists in operation of site service business operations. Assists Applied Materials field management in establishing and achieving objectives for assigned accounts. Keeps field management informed on customer perception of system performance. Takes initiative to avoid and resolve customer problems. May occasionally initiate projects to drive down costs or increase uptime.
- Assists field management in conducting complex support business operation including product penetration, chamber performance service operations, spares business support and service business operation.
- Follows all checklists and procedures, including safety.
- Has developed comprehensive depth and breadth of understanding of a range of processes, procedures, systems and concepts within own discipline
- Uses insights into how the team integrates with other teams to coordinate efforts and resources to achieve shared and individual objectives
- Assists Applied Materials field management in establishing and achieving objectives for assigned accounts. Keeps field management informed on customer perception of system performance.
- Acts as a lead or mentor, providing the highest level of subject matter guidance to more junior team members
- Resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions and applying technical experience and precedents
- Has direct impact through responsibility for the quality of the tasks performed or services provided by the team
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy to exchange ideas and information in a concise and logical way
- Associate's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.