Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Customer Engineering - Central Process Engineer at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.I. Position Summary Statement:
The mission of the Strategy and Work Process group is to manage, evaluate and improve all work processes and support platforms as well as establishing strategies to standardize and facilitate effective management of cost, operational excellence and safety in Product/Project Engineering, UHP Gases, Asset management, Maintenance and Construction services supplied by the Customer Engineering and Fleet Organization across all sub regions of Americas IG. As such, the CE Central Processes Engineer is focused on engineering tools, procedures and platforms supported by the Strategy and Work Process organization. The CE Central Processes Engineer will also analyze programs in place, identify opportunities of areas that could be improved and will be assigned specific cost improvement projects within central processes or in other areas supported by the Strategy and Work Process group. To that effect, the CE Central Processes Engineer will be given a specific cost reduction target to meet on a yearly basis. II. Principal Accountabilities:
- Management and ownership of hazop documentation for all L/B and Microbulk systems supported by the Customer Engineering organization in North America.
- Management and ownership of engineering calculation tools used by the different CE Field organizations
- Management and ownership of CAD drafting package for L/B and Microbulk including standard system designs for the Customer Engineering organization in North America
- North American Management and ownership of specific volume 3 procedures
- Principal representative for the Customer Engineering central organization on global crane committee and responsibility for documentation and training for crane operations within Customer Engineering
- Management and ownership of work processes in the area of Product Engineering and Asset Management
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs in the work processes that this role is responsible for.
- Prioritize cost reduction initiatives and identify specific continuous improvement projects to complete.
- Supervision of interns/CDPs working on central engineering programs
IV. Recommended Skills and Experience:
- Scope of Support: Over 6000 customers with cryogenic liquid and bulk gas systems spread across 3 sub regions. Indirect support to ̴ 80 maintenance and construction technicians, ̴ 30 Project Engineers and Specialists
- Technical Complexity: This position requires in-depth knowledge of Customer Engineering including full spectrum of cryogenic and gaseous storage and delivery systems, knowledge of applicable regulations, maintenance associated processes, knowledge of project, construction and maintenance activities.
- Financial Impact: This role has direct impact on the costs of NA Customer Engineering with opportunities to reduce costs or increase revenue based on work process improvement projects and use of more efficient work processes and technology
- Supply Chain Impact: This position has indirect customer impact, mainly via communication with Sub Region representatives that are dealing directly with customers
- Engineering Bachelor degree and 5 years of work experience required (mechanical engineering or chemical engineering)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to interact with various disciplines across Customer Engineering
- Initiative in learning and implementing new methods, concepts and/or technologies
- Results oriented individual with strong ability to multi-task in a busy work environment
- Strong technical capabilities including and understanding of the process technologies employed in Customer Engineering
- Strong P&L mindset
- Previous Customer focus and interactions experience
- Experience and knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety Standards with a demonstrated commitment to Safety
- Continuous improvement experience - an asset
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world. To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. You can apply specifically to Job Req #21522BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
A little about us:
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.