Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an opening for a Customer Engineering Area Maintenance Manager in the Midwest. This position is based from your Residence. POSITION SUMMARY
The Midwest Area Maintenance Manager (AMM) has regional responsibility for management of Customer Stations field technicians and is accountable for the performance of all customer stations installations within the defined region. The systems maintained cross most product lines including LOX, LIN, LAR, LHY, CO2, CO, BHY and BHE. Extensive knowledge of cryogenic tanks, high pressure tubes, vaporization systems, cryogenic pumps, high pressure gaseous pumps, compressors, PSA's, membrane systems, hydrogen fueling stations, telemetry and analytical equipment is required. The manager must have operating knowledge of SAP, SWIFT, APDirect, Vantage, Event Management tools, operating and maintenance procedures, as well as OSHA, FDA, ASME, NEC, and CGA requirements.
The AMM is accountable for driving our Company culture of safety, simplicity, speed and self-confidence across their region. This position has responsibility to ensure compliance with all EH&S, regulatory, codes and standards to provide reliable supply of IG through AP storage and delivery assets located at customer sites. The AMM is responsible for improving EBITDA by controlling operating/maintenance spending and identifying/delivering profitable revenue by generating billable services within their sub region. These services include the removal of equipment at end of contract term.
The AMM is accountable for the front-line management, maintenance and reliability of customer delivery systems. This includes crisis management, technical liaison, risk mitigation, and relationship management with a wide array customer expectations and complexities. They also have a strong alignment with the commercial organization.
The mission of the AMM is to train and maintain a multi-skilled team to support the acquisition of new and maintenance of existing customers using IG products in both liquid and gas form delivered by storage and delivery equipment located at customers' facilities. The Midwest Sub-region AMM's geographic responsibilities include: IA, MN, WI, MO KY, IL IN, OH, WV, MI PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITY
- EH&S - Top priority is to ensure the safety of all employees and stakeholders in regards to our operations. This includes responsibility for personal safety, process safety as well as environmental compliance for our employees, contractors, customers and the community. Actively participate in the safety programs, promote and enforce safety rules and good housekeeping. Work Process - Ensure all standards, systems, procedures, codes, federal/statutory requirements and work processes are followed in conjunction with operating and maintaining the customer stations. Enter all incidents into Event Management and ensure appropriate follow-up is completed.
- Supply Reliability - Meet/exceed contract requirements for Flow, Pressure, Purity, Efficiency and On-Stream. Ensure the implementation of sound preventative/predictive/and integrity maintenance programs that reduces unplanned shutdowns and ultimately enhances overall customer satisfaction and profitability
- Maintenance - Ensure maintenance work is conducted per schedules and in accordance with performance standards. Assist in the management of all maintenance activities within the region. Manage maintenance cost spending at budgeted levels. Identification of root causes of equipment/machinery failures and developing appropriate repair solutions to reduce reoccurrence or eliminate the cause of failure.
- Spending - Execute to budget levels. Includes Labor, materials, and contractors costs. Proactive cost management. Support budget development work process.
- Operational Excellence - Improve the effectiveness of the work team and customer stations by sharing and implementing best practices across the region and sub-regions. Implement best practices, change management, and standardization of maintenance systems and work processes across the region.
It is expected the AMM will maintain a close relationship with the Field Technicians, ensuring the appropriate skills are in place or being developed to effectively support the customer stations. This includes making periodic face to face visits for auditing of customer stations, vehicles and technician maintenance work. AMMs should evaluate personnel performance levels via the Cust Eng Technician Grading Syllabus and provide feedback to technicians on how they are advancing skillsets defined in the Syllabus. Promote an atmosphere of team spirit through good examples, open communication, good listening, and timely problem resolutions.
The AMM is responsible for communication and escalation of issues to Operations managers, EH&S, Asset Managers, and relevant functional teams. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree or 15-20 years of work experience in like industry required (electrical, mechanical and instrumentation and controls knowledge).
- Travel requirements up to 50%.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical ability to understand tank dynamics and engineering principles around thermodynamics and fluid flow.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The company's core Industrial Gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The company's Performance Materials Division serves the polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries. The company had fiscal 2016 sales of $9.5 billion and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 17,000 employees in 50 countries strive to make Air Products the world's safest and best performing Industrial Gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans . To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #19901BR.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products has been enabling its customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for 75 years.