With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Research and verify customer information, respond to customer and sales force inquiries, update license information, communicate information to customers, sales representatives, distributor representatives, contracts, Bids, credit adjustments and Customer Support Representatives. Team Transfer Point also interacts with Aesculap and other B. Braun facilities worldwide. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Interacts with external and internal customers at all levels of the company to provide information in response to inquiries about accounts in the Customer Master.
- Receives monthly distributor files from charge back representatives, researches and verifies customer information and completes indirect account set-ups, meeting assigned deadlines.
- Assigns the appropriate Class of Trade to all new accounts, following standard operation procedures and using approved definitions.
- Reviews requests to update a Class of Trade on an account and pursues appropriate approvals if the change is validated as correct.
- Manages territory responsibilities after 3 to 6 months of practical experience.
- Receives notifications for pump sales and ensures account is set-up and proper licensing is obtained.
- Handles and resolves customer complaints regarding licensing and new account set-up, using good judgment and following guidelines and state requirements.
- Receives and processes requests from Sales and Customer Support to establish new accounts for B. Braun Medical Inc., including OEM and Avitum divisions, B. Braun Interventional Systems and B. Braun of Canada.
- Generates licensing reports and proactively researches and updates license information in the Customer Master prior to license expiration.
- Processes address and name changes received via mail, email, phone and fax.
- Provides customers requesting a new account with the appropriate credit application for all divisions of B. Braun Medical Inc., B. Braun Interventional Systems and B. Braun of Canada.
- Process account changes and closures upon notification of ownership change or bankruptcy.
- Generates and analyzes SalesForce.com reports and implements changes when required to ensure the integrity of the Customer Master data uploaded into SalesForce.com.
- Creates accounts for qualified leads submitted via SalesForce.com.
- Processes GLN updates to correct jurisdiction conflicts indentified in the Customer Master.
- Finds a resourceful solution for every customer, involving management as needed, so that the outcome meets the needs of both the customer and B. Braun Medical Inc.
- Utilizes SalesForce.com for retrieving pump order information, sharing information and creating activities for sales.
- Corresponds with all state boards of pharmacy to ensure state requirements are being properly followed.
- Monitors training requirements and completes in a timely manner.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Advanced computer knowledge and navigational skills
- Proficient in MS Office, SAP and SalesForce.com
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Knowledge of state Board of Pharmacy laws preferred
- Ability to prioritize work load and work independently a must
- Capacity to adapt to frequent changes to processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and effectively with attention to detail, handle all types of situations and meet deadlines
- Minimum of 3 years of Customer Support experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.