At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Customer Incentive Program (CIP) Specialist within US Business Services Operations located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talents in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of CIP (Customer Incentive Program) Specialist
will help create and operationalize customer incentive programs for US Business Groups. The primary responsibility will be leading division marketing and business leadership through the annual customer incentive planning process; providing strategic influence, preparing and educating on future ERP functionality and gaps, ensuring all CIP meet framework requirements, managing the timeline and identifying areas for opportunity and efficiency. These customer incentive programs will effectively drive desired channel partner behavior that generates efficient growth for 3M.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively participate and collaborate with divisions marketing, business leaders, finance and sales in the design, approval, set-up, documentation, communication, and implementation of the annual customer incentive rebate and Market Development Fund (MDF) programs.
- Continuously benchmark current processes and collaborate with other CIP specialists to define standardized processes relative to new customer incentive programs, approvals, governance and ability to operationalize with current/future resources.
- Consult, lead and drive ERP customer incentive program process compliance and readiness with divisions. Offer suggestions on program modifications that will result in framework compliance.
- Create necessary documentation and route customer incentive plan documents for approval.
- Create all templates and provide necessary documentation for customer communication.
- Adapt differing techniques and methods to deal with variations in work conditions and operations to solve complex problems.
- Analyze channel partner compliance with terms and conditions of the customer incentive programs.
- Perform complex analysis on customer and channel partner rebate and MDF initiatives to evaluate performance and recommend changes.
- Lead governance team reviewing program out of policy requests.
- Key Attributes:
- Proven record of program creation, implementation and results
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Cross functional team leadership skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Attention to Detail
- Strong understanding of framework capabilities and processes
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong leadership skills & ability to drive business participation toward meeting deadlines
- Good working understanding of program financials and analytic metrics
- Ability to form & foster relationships with supporting disciplines such as pricing, finance, customer service, credit, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in marketing, customer incentive programs, communication, finance, and/or auditing
- Experience working collaboratively with a highly matrixed team, including sales, marketers, management, finance, etc.
- Experience using intermediate functions in Microsoft Excel, such as v-lookups and pivot tables
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze situations and find viable alternatives
- Ability to clearly express and articulate complex issues
- Ability to embrace and drive change
- Analytical skills
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10%
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.