Summer Internship Program
Lowe's 2018 Summer Internship Program offers challenging assignments to undergraduate and graduate students, enhancing their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE ® 50 company. The summer internship program begins with orientation in late May and concludes in early August. All internships are paid and housing is available for those that qualify. This role has potential for conversion into a full-time position for those that successfully complete the internship and upon candidate's graduation.
The internship will consist of a project-based assignment to broaden learning, experience, and organizational knowledge and business acumen. We are looking for people driven by potential. Dynamic individuals who are as inspiring as they are inspired. Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and recognize new opportunities. Great collaborators who understand the power of "we". People who push boundaries of what's possible.
Customer Insights Internship
The Lowe's Consumer Insights (CI) team is part of the Data, Analytics, and Customer Insights (DACI) department at Lowe's. DACI works closely together to better enable customer understanding to drive all that Lowe's does. The CI team owns all customer research for Lowe's. The CI Insights Analyst will support Customer Experience Design, to better understand how the customer shops Lowe's stores and online, or will support Merchandising, bringing best-in-class insights to drive brand choice for key categories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist on research projects across the organization to provide the voice of the customer, working both with those on the Insight team as well as business partners in other functions
* Translate business question into research designs
* Work with research suppliers to execute research designs
* Look across secondary data and incorporate into research projects for a more holistic assessment, when needed
* Analyze data from research and present learnings and recommendations to manager from assigned research projects
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Statistics, Analytics, Business, Marketing or related field from an accredited four-year college or university
* Senior academic standing
* Proficient in MS Office Programs
* Strong oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills
* Research skills, preferably in quantitative data
* Ability to integrate multiple data points across disparate sources into one story
* 3.0 or above GPA
* Relevant internship experience and/or other related work experience, such as a leadership role in student/campus organizations, volunteer, etc.
* Previous retail experience
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service 2,365 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.