The Manager of Market Research & Customer Insights will be responsible for defining and conducting global B2B primary market research studies. The ideal candidate should have experience working on research initiatives in the areas of branding, advertising, marketing communications, new product development, value proposition, customer segmentation, and customer experience.
- Translating the business requirements of key stakeholders into research briefs and survey designs
- Creating survey instruments and collecting data using online survey tools or qualitative methods
- Analyzing and synthesizing customer, market and competitive data in order to translate findings into business insights and action plans to support enterprise performance
- Develop and presenting insightful presentations to the executive team that outlines significant changes in customer behavior and the marketplace.
- Subject matter expertise in the theories, principles, and concepts of primary research typically acquired through completion of a Master's degree or beyond in Business or Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years of market research experience, 3 of which should be in the B2B area.
- Ability to create and program survey instruments and manage data files.
- Strong skills with statistics and experience with statistical programs like R, SAS, or SPSS. Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Proven track record of solving complex problems and thinking creatively.
- Intellectually curious and have the hunger to proactively and independently identify the opportunities where you can drive the most impact for the business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively engage, lead and influence senior executives. Demonstrated success translating data into stories and action plans appropriate to a variety of internal stakeholders.
- Experience working in highly matrixed organization.
- Experience managing external research vendors.
Job ID 00015927
A little about us:
What makes Gartner a great place to work? Great people. Smart, curious and driven toward success, they thrive on new ideas and collaboration. Top talent is why we are the world’s leading research and advisory company. If you’re looking for a great community, a rewarding career and a chance to make a difference, you’ve come to the right place.