This position is responsible for providing off invoice managed services to a dedicated CONA client. This calls for accurately interpreting contract terms / promotions and validating proper set up in the CONA environment. Provides analysis to determine if accounts associated with Customer Marketing Agreement (CMA) are free of material misstatements based on a calculated materiality threshold. Provides correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Standard Accounting Manual. Ensures that the controls surrounding the CMA process are adequate and effective. Position interfaces with key Sales and Finance personnel and Shared Services. This position will need to be able to work independently without direct supervision and demonstrate superior customer service acumen.
CMA Analyst II accountabilities to be adjusted as needed to support assigned CONA Client:
- Keen understanding and interpretation of CMA funding contract terms to establish accurate accruals in the CMA Subledger for a comprehensive set of funding programs and promotions including local, national, warehouse, CTM and/or VEB.
- Collaborate with broad range of stakeholders including field sales and finance, OTC, RTR , PTP, and IT to clarify programs/funding, educate users on proper off invoice processes, provide additional reporting, answer inquiries and other ad hoc requests as required.
- Process accurate and timely CMA Payments including deductions, manual and system checks as well as settlement of post audits as required.
- Manage CMA files to comply with Client specific Chart of Authority, GAAP, and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations including timely sales confirmations, adequate payment support and audit processes. Ensure proper close out and adjustment to accurately reflect financial impacts.
- Build & maintain relationships and routines necessary to meet all compliance and customer service requirements. Provide Subject matter expertise to client on all topics related to management of off invoice funding.
- Utilize a variety of systems and tools to develop and analyze financial and/or customer impacts as required.
- Prepare and/or process journal vouchers / reconciliations / reporting as required.
- Work with CMA leadership to identify and document new and/or modified SOPs, processes and controls to continuously drive process improvements and efficiencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. Equivalent combination of education in conjunction with required and preferred work experience will also be considered.
- Two - three years’ work experience in Accounting or Finance required.
- Four to five years of relevant work experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced analytical skills required.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Must have competent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong personal computer skills (i.e. MS Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel and Word)
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proficient in CMA Bridge subledger, CONA SAP and other Client management tools as needed. Knowledge and prior work with SAP, CMA System, Micro Strategy, PAT System, Margin Minder, strongly preferred.
A credit check is required for this position in Finance.
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.