Marketing - Customer Engagement & Retention Manager
Company: American Express Global Business Travel
Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
Posted: September 20, 2016
Reference ID: 550830366
About American Express Global Business Travel
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) offers its customers a comprehensive travel network, service dependability, and deep insight to help move people and businesses forward. American Express Global Business Travel provides leading travel solutions, integrated consulting services, proprietary research, and end-to-end meetings and events capabilities. These innovative offerings enable customers to optimize the return on their travel and meetings investments. Learn more at www.amexglobalbusinesstravel.com.
Job Title: MANAGER, US Middle Market, Customer Marketing
About the Role:
This role will report into the Director of GBT North American Customer and Acquisition Marketing and will lead marketing efforts to drive middle market (MM) customer engagement, loyalty and retention across the US. This role will be responsible for developing and executing a multi-channel marketing plan focused on connecting GBT's products, services and value to customer needs and industry trends, with the ultimate goal of driving critical commercial goals and repeat behaviors among customer segments. Channels will include but are not limited to emails, dimensional mail, newsletter, webinars, testimonials, client events and educational forums. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing new and innovative channel approaches to connect with clients and drive retention. The role will work closely with Client Management, Service Delivery, Product Marketing and Global Supplier Relations. Role requires marketing experience including developing customer facing communications and marketing plans with minimal reliance on internal creative services, external agency resources or copywriters.
• Develop robust cross channel marketing plan to engage and connect with customers across MM segments in the US
• Design, execute and manage multi-channel customer market campaigns leveraging a variety of touch points and marketing channels throughout the customer and traveler journey.
• Perform analysis and reporting to inform effectiveness of messaging, events and campaigns on the product pipeline, customer engagement and retention.
• Provide input into larger global customer marketing strategy to improve capabilities around customer contact approaches, including targeting, segmentation and overall customer relationship management
• Collaborate with Product Marketing and Value Proposition teams to define themes for customer marketing plan and incorporate product marketing elements
• Execute both in-person and online events to bring customers together for education, networking or insights gathering sessions (such as client advisory boards)
• Be the main point of contact for [market] leadership, assisting with prioritizing marketing activities and incorporating sales and client management input into overall plan.
• 5+ years experience in B2B marketing
• Multi-channel marketing experience including creating marketing plans, campaigns and content development
• Proven track record of driving results through campaign strategy development and execution
• Experience working closely with sales and client management organization
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to deconstruct complex topics into simple, persuasive themes and talking points
• Outstanding communication skills & comfortable interacting with senior executives & customers
• Travel marketing or experience at hotel, airline or travel based loyalty program experience preferred
• Experience in executing events is preferred
**Must be willing to work onsite at our Jersey City, NJ office.**
United States>New Jersey>Jersey City
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .