The Workplace Customer Marketing Manager (CMM) will have specific marketing responsibility for one of PepsiCo AFH's largest and most profitable partners, Compass.
As a strategic partner to sales, brand and brand integration, the CMM will drive thought leadership across PepsiCo portfolios including Pepsi, NAN Beverages, Frito Lay, Gatorade, Trop, Quaker, etc. This role is tasked with delivering PepsiCo Big Bets - Driving Innovation, Portfolio Transformation, Exceptional Activation, and Executional Excellence against B&C beverage, fountain, food and culinary innovation. The role will function as a key influencer of customer and brand activation and will be looked upon to unlock opportunities by leveraging trends & insights, proprietary licensing & sponsorships, in-store merchandising, proprietary media and digital/social platforms where available.
Compass services Healthcare, Business & Industry, University, Vending, and Stadiums and provides tremendous opportunities for Incubation, Healthy Vending, targeted cohort engagement, and impacting billions of impressions annually.
This role will be highly visible with the AFH leadership due to the significant contribution this customer delivers against PepsiCo financial goals. This position is equivalent to managing a major retail customer due to the complexity and breadth of offerings. Accountabilities:
Qualifications/Requirements Skills/Experience Required:
- Lead and manage the integration of brand, cross functional teams and vendor partners to ensure flawless development and execution of Innovation and Marketing initiatives for Compass; successfully leading them to execute projects on time, within budget and solid ROI.
- Translate annual AOP roll-out opportunities into tangible, account specific marketing action plans. Plans should include annual marketing recommendations that support PepsiCo Big Bets and complement customer missions
- Advance the business through in-depth understanding of consumer insights, including demographic/psychographic trends, consumer perceptions/attitudes, need states, motivations, and purchase/consumption behavior and implications to your customers
- Own strategic marketing position with customer C-suite
- Generate impactful marketing programs and consumer engagement opportunities that have scale, are repeatable, & improve efficiency and effectiveness in market
- Leverage national media, music properties, sports sponsorship, and social media wherever possible to elevate engagement.
- Identify compelling initiatives for Compass to support Sales annual plan development.
- Own Customer and Sales team updates - project status, program modifications, budget tracking, and other timely information to facilitate effective decision making
- Own the creation and agency briefing process to deliver account-specific or Workplace promotions that drive consumer excitement and incent purchase
- Monitor program performance/ROI and share with Brand, Brand Integration and Sales for assessing future opportunities
- Own Activation with Perform - Starbucks, Dew/Kickstart and Gatorade brands for Workplace translating opportunities and advocating with Brand and Brand Integration on behalf of Workplace
- Lead efforts to create simplified, standardized template for communicating activation across Workplace sales and CMM team and with customers through close relationship with Sales Strategy & Execution team.
- Unlock for Workplace Marketing team opportunities Pepsi Direct can play in driving integrated marketing programs through auto shipments, tracking and customer surveys
- Minimum Qualification: Undergraduate Degree; Preferred: MBA with a concentration in Business, Marketing or Finance. 5+ years prior Marketing, Sales, or Management experience
- Beverage/Bottler/Foodservice/Retail experience
- Customer management/Account management with CPG or previously worked for a large c-store, retailer or restaurant customer is preferred
- Creative agency management experience, and expertise developing and executing promotions
- Ability to leverage consumer insights to develop effective marketing programs and campaigns
- Understanding of Digital and Social Media a plus
- General understanding of PepsiCo's bottling and distributor network and go to market process
- Comfortable making presentations both internal and external
- Able to initiate change management, inspire others to think differently, and collaborate with the sales team to make change happen.
- Able to analyze sales data and other insights, and offer tactical and strategic solutions to solve problems and grow the business.
- Highly motivated, independent individual with excellent communication, negotiation, influencing and interpersonal/organizational skills and have impeccable follow-up
- Strong Project Management skills
- Position requires 20-30% overnight travel
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.