The Monsanto Customer Operations Specialist role is responsible for providing exceptional service and foundational support to Monsanto Seed customers and the Monsanto Seed Sales Force. These responsibilities may be geographic specific or may be roving to provide support as needed across multiple geographies.
- Partner with SSAs to execute key foundational deliverables with precision, accuracy and timeliness.
- Skilled at multi-tasking, working in a fast-paced team environment which requires rapid response and issue resolution relating to customer orders, inquiries, and concerns. Able to work in multiple systems simultaneously.
- Order and Delivery Maintenance : As a key member of the operations teams, partners with account owners to support business needs, meet delivery targets and completes order processing activities using Standard Operating Procedures while demonstrating heightened focus on consistently high quality work and results. Maximizes effectiveness through appropriate system and technology usage while documenting all customer interactions in Customer Interaction Center . Accurately logs delivery refusals.
- Supply Utilization Assistance : Perform activities associated with supply utilization including long/short database entry, supply and stock transfers, manage ATP requests and in-field transfers.
- Communication: Demonstrates proactive and timely communication to internal stakeholders (SSAs Team Leads, OTC team & manufacturing plants); properly addresses all customer requests via the Customer Operations 800 lines. Inquires with proper investigation, resolution and follow up communication. Communicates acknowledgement of all requests, sets expectations of when to expect requests to be completed, and follow-ups with a status update, or completion notice. Responds to email and voicemail within 24 hours.
- Customer Data Maintenance: Complete customer data forms and data entry to ensure dealer/customer data integrity.
- Relationships: Actively builds rapport and trust with stakeholders and proactively communicates as appropriate.
- Products/Programs : Develops knowledge of company products, programs and services and the how they benefit the customers.
- Reconciliation/Settlements: Work with dealers and/or internal stakeholders to report grower point of sale data in a timely and correct manner, while cleansing grower data errors. Also, work with dealers and/or internal stakeholders to make sure all growers are licensed with a Monsanto Technology Stewardship Agreement. Complete Account Settlements according to company guidelines and deadlines.
- Optimization: Identify and implement process improvements that simplify and streamline our processes.
- Some overtime, weekend and holiday coverage will be required.
Education & Experience:
- Effective oral & written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good organizational skills
- Strong initiative
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to balance company & customer needs
- Ability to build relationships via the phone
- Works with a sense of urgency and ensures data accuracy
- Team oriented
- BA/BS in business, agriculture, or related field is preferred or 4 years of relevant Seed Industry experience required.
- No experience required when appropriate college degree completed.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook). Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Minimal Travel
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.