Customer Order Management - Intern
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a, empowering environment, diverse, inclusive.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
This is exciting an opportunity in Nashville, Tennessee a Customer Order Management - Intern. Cummins is where you can work on industry leading projects. Summary
The Customer Order Management - Intern is responsible for supporting the Customer Order Management teams with general administrative tasks, data cleansing and process documentation. Key Responsibilities
Qualifications and Competencies
- Administrative office duties to support the Customer Order Management teams (for example: typing, filing, scanning etc.)
- Generate process and procedure documentation - work with individual teams on documenting and formatting standard operating procedures
- Support the Facilities Coordinator with daily tasks, such as inventory analysis of office supplies
- Perform data collection, spreadsheet creation and data cleansing, as needed
Compensation and Benefits
- Accuracy - Works with minimal/acceptable error rate; seeks help for problems; pays attention to detail; follows established work procedures
- Communication - Writes and speaks with accuracy and sensitivity; uses proper language, tone, location, medium (in person or via electronic form) and timing when conveying information; and respects different communication styles of individuals with different backgrounds or perspectives.
- Personal Computer Usage - Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel and high level of proficiency in other MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Performs duties in a diverse climate (e.g., diverse cultures, ideas, and methods).
- Takes responsibility for all assignments and duties.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn from others.
- Displays a work ethic consistent with desirable Cummins employees.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties, as required, to get the job done.
- High School students must be at least a junior in high school and 17 years of age.
- Must be recommended by school administration.
Base salary commensurate with experience more bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are year equal opportunity and affirmative action use dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without looking to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union membership, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I - 9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.