Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a, empowering environment, diverse, inclusive.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
This is exciting an opportunity in Nashville, Tennessee for a Customer Order Management Representative. Cummins is where you can work on industry leading projects. Summary
The Customer Order Management Representative provides support for Aftermarket engine and filtration requests. Customer Order Management utilizes the knowledge and understanding of supply chain management processes and works with customers to provide customizable logistic solutions. Responsibilities
Qualifications and Competencies
- Understand contact center policies, procedures and metrics.
- Support center quality improvements and response targets through a detailed understanding of Customer Order Management systems and processes.
- Document customer interactions information within Cummins.
- Build a professional relationship with customers to increase loyalty in the Cummins products. Act as customer liaison to Cummins central distribution centers and cross functional departments.
- Act as single point of contact for specific customer accounts.
- Provide prompt assistance to customers through various media (phone, email, letter, Siebel, and fax).
- Resolve complex customer inquiries through a detailed understanding of Cummins processes, systems, and practices.
- Own Siebel Requests submitted by customer and provide timely and informative responses and follow ups per the Service Level Agreement .
- Utilize Siebel to receive customer inquiries and maintain record of communications and internal or external escalations to resolve the customer inquiry .
- Distribution/Service Network Knowledge - Knowledge of the Distribution Business Unit's role in the distribution and support of Cummins products. Effectively communicates and works with Distributor personnel to complete performance plan objectives which require interaction with the global distribution network.
- Own complex issues and collaborate with Analysts to seek resolution, providing documentation and continual communication to customer throughout process.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects, and identify and report areas for improvement .
- Submit emergency price requests for appropriate customer channel - both Distributor and Inner-Company Regional Distribution Center .
- Act as liaison between the customer and the MDC and RDCs for quality issues, submit Material Non-Conformance or Process Non-Conformance claims as needed via CQMS .
- Direct customers through export compliance policy for export controlled parts, provide country of origin and harmonized tariff information as needed, or gather end user information for the purpose of releasing an export controlled part .
- Coordinate with Product Management, Purchasing, Materials, Technical Support, Marketing and Sales functions, and other Cummins departments such as Logistics, Transportation and Finance to provide Customer Order Management support or resolve customer complaints. Have a basic understanding of each department's processes.
- Manage expedite requests for Made-to-order parts
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Understanding of applicable Cummins systems (IMS, Siebel, GOMS, Quick Serve, etc.), and ability to run reporting measures from same.
Proficient understanding of Cummins products and services for Customer Order Management .
- Understanding of logistical concepts .
- Ability to resolve less commonplace issues and order exceptions.
- Able to perform all Tier I and II Sourcing tasks to fulfill emergency orders.
- Have a proficient knowledge of Quality Claims processes for ship discrepancies and RGAs .
- Have basic technical skills and understanding of Cummins products .
- Able to navigate QSOL and IMS to provide customer with alternative options for emergency part needs .
- Time management - Demonstrates effective and efficient use of individual and organizational time to achieve key business objectives. Uses basic planning tools to control and schedule daily priorities. Little support is required to apply the skill effectively.
- Manage customer disagreements - Demonstrated ability to manage disagreements .
- Accuracy - the ability to complete data entry tasks with accuracy and support the company Sox compliance requirements .
- Communication - is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means.
- High school diploma. Secondary degree in related field preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- 2 years minimum experience with Customer Order Management, account management or in the supply chain field.
Base salary commensurate with experience more bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are year equal opportunity and affirmative action use dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without looking to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union membership, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I - 9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.