We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
This is an exciting time to join a fantastic team in the Farmers CDO (Chief Data Officer) Organization, where our work is high-profile, high-impact, fast-paced, cross-functional and rewarding. Together, we will deploy the Farmers Customer Data Lake and drive advanced analytics experiments to produce new insights and analytic solutions that support strategic enterprise objectives. You will lead the implementation of new capabilities, help with end user training and adoption, and lead cross-functional experiments to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of business use cases.
Consider joining our team if you are an organized professional with exceptional communication skills and passion for data and enabling ways to optimize customer experience through advanced analytics, problem solving, and teamwork. Essential Job Functions:
- Supports the Farmers CDO Organization objectives by leading and overseeing initiatives to advance Customer Analytic data & capabilities, including the deployment and maturation of the Farmers Customer Data Lake.
- Participates and supports cross-functional, hypothesis-driven exploratory analytics initiatives.
- Performs advanced analysis to answer key business questions and support CDO / executive stakeholder needs.
- Synthesizes data analysis results and recommendations into concise PowerPoint presentations.
- Minimum 4-5 years of IT experience in a technical Data Analyst role.
- Minimum 2-3 years of IT experience leading / supporting analytical projects.
- Experience leading/facilitating cross-functional team meetings.
- Experience managing multiple competing assignments & priorities.
- Experience working in a diverse Data Warehouse (DW) & Business Intelligence(BI) Team.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex concepts / issues in simple terms.
- Strong Presentation skills.
- Quick learner, self-starter, organized, and detail oriented.
- Effective problem solver.
- Experience with structured and unstructured data.
- Hands-on experience with BI reporting and visualization tools such as PLSQL, Toad, Tableau, and/or Business Objects.
- Hands-on experience using analytical tools such as SAS, R, and/or Python to query, analyze, and report on data from a Big Data / Hadoop environment.
- Effective time and priority management.
- Experience building/supporting a Customer Data Lake.
(Internal Title: Application SME III)
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: