Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
At Workday, we build our business upon the success of our customers. We put customers at the heart of everything we do, including the way that we sell and market our technology. Our goal is to have the voice of our customers at the center of our communications and our sales engagements. We believe it is their passion, enthusiasm and success that will best inspire other customers and prospects to embrace the innovative applications that Workday brings to market.
Our Corporate Marketing team is looking for an energetic, talented individual for this industry-oriented Customer Marketing function. We are looking for an intelligent, innovative, customer-focused business person who can build long term relationships, but also create compelling customer content that will inform our corporate communication, marketing program and sales efforts. The Customer Marketing Manager will be responsible for building customer stories, partnering with various product and marketing teams, and in the end, help our customers shine!
This position is preferred in the San Francisco bay area.Responsibilities:
- Support Workday's growth in 2-3 specific industries by developing and promoting advocates among the customer base
- Grow our base of customer advocates within these industries, and manage customers through the reference pipeline
- Engage with senior level customers in business conversations, and develop highly engaged, mutually-beneficial reference relationships
- Support sales by fulfilling reference requests as needed
- Ensure a positive customer experience through day-to-day activities
- Produce evidence of customer success
- Work with stakeholder groups (e.g. product strategy, sales, industry strategy) to align customer content with industry messages and story lines
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues to create high-quality customer assets and sales tools including case studies, videos, presentations, press and analyst interviews, etc
- Support priority industry activities with customer stories, such as tradeshows, events, demand campaigns, brand campaigns.
- Work as an advocate for customer marketing and for our customers internally
- Drive communications across industry partner teams to ensure transparency
- Bring innovation and creative ideas to communicate customer success to market
- 6-8 years' experience in communications and/or marketing
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Experience with customer advocacy programs is preferable but not essential
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, lasting relationships with internal and external constituents (customers, media, product leadership, executives, etc.).
- Experience in developing and executing creative ideas and program
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Superb writing and general communications skills
- Team-oriented approach
- Periodic travel is required