Merck & Co., Inc., known as Merck in the US and Canada and MSD across the rest of the world, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career
The Customer Representative is a key member of the Customer Team and plays a critical role in supporting Merck's customer centric business model. He/she is responsible for working with the Customer Team to understand and identify Health Care Provider (HCP) customer needs relating to helping improve patient health outcomes, support pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy, and ensure that Merck is viewed as demonstrating value.
The primary activities include:
- Establishing, developing, and maintaining business relationships with assigned customers and prospective customers in the assigned geography
- Engaging in balanced product sales presentations with Health Care Providers to align customer needs and Merck product attributes in accordance with product labeling.
- Provides Merck management with updates on customer needs as it relates to helping them improve patient health outcomes, customer feedback, marketplace dynamics, and progress towards objectives
- Keeping apprised of professional and technical knowledge through self-study of company-provided scientific and product information, attendance at product workshops and conferences, as well as consistent and ongoing review of Merck promotional materials
- Provides input into resource allocation decisions across customers (e.g. call planning/routing to optimize customer awareness of Merck product offerings)
- Within select customer accounts, act as primary point of contact for the customer, meet with key customers/personnel to maintain understanding of their current practice structure, business model, and key influencers (Managed Care Organization, employers, state and local regulations) / network structure, and their patients' needs. Identifies business opportunities and makes information available to relevant stakeholders to support those identified patient and business needs.
- For select customer accounts, coordinate with Merck customer team (Account Executives, Integrated Delivery System team, Solutions support teams, etc.) to outline customer strategy for interactions/relationships, to maintain focus on Managed Care pull-through, to identify and select programs/services/solutions available in the library of Merck "resources" to address identified customer needs relating to helping improve patient health outcomes and to deliver relevant offerings that address those needs.
This territory covers: Sarasota/Bradenton FL
The ideal location to reside is within this territory.
Travel (%) varies based on candidate's location within the geography. Qualifications:
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
- Experience working in one or more of the following areas: Pharmaceutical/Healthcare, Sales, Consulting, Customer Service or Military.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Self- directed and organized
- Possess strong interpersonal and leadership qualities in an academic or professional setting
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and good judgment
- Valid Driver's License
- Prior experience developing and executing plans for engaging customers and meeting customer needs
- Demonstrated success in establishing, developing and maintaining relationships
- Prior experience working in a highly regulated industry or environment where compliance to policies is critical
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com . Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance fr om search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement